[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the good folks of /lit/ recommend me books that are the literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: Strange Geometries.jpg (149 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
Strange Geometries.jpg
149 KB, 740x740
Can the good folks of /lit/ recommend me books that are the literature equivalent of Zdzisław Beksiński's art? Pic related
>>
File: Madness Canyon.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Madness Canyon.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
Posting a couple more of his pieces for reference.
1/3
>>
File: Red Spirit.jpg (72 KB, 640x695) Image search: [Google]
Red Spirit.jpg
72 KB, 640x695
2/3
>>
File: Bone Tree.jpg (50 KB, 491x600) Image search: [Google]
Bone Tree.jpg
50 KB, 491x600
3/3
>>
File: Out in the Cold.jpg (76 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
Out in the Cold.jpg
76 KB, 600x489
I lied, one more. Hit me with your recommendations.
4/3
>>
Hi imgur
>>
Dark Souls
>>
I dunno. The Southern Reach trilogy? Some Ligotti?
>>
File: beksinskicruciform.jpg (635 KB, 1443x1832) Image search: [Google]
beksinskicruciform.jpg
635 KB, 1443x1832
>>7821252
Curzio Malaparte, sections from The Part About Archimboldi from 2666, any Cormac McCarthy (but especially Blood Meridian, the Road, Outer Dark, and the Orchard Keeper), Une Saison en Enfer by Arthur Rimbaud, Jozef Konrad's Heart of Darkness (and associated media in film and gaming). Perhaps The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawics as well.

Since you seem to favour the lighter, less horrifying Beksinski, I'd also recommend Moby Dick, Los Detectives Savaljes, and Tomson Highway's Kiss of the Fur Queen, all of which gave me similar sensations to his less heavy work.

I'm also in the middle of writing a novel, parts of which directly inspired by Beksinski's work, though I'm more than a little apprehensive about distributing first draft excerpts of material I intend to publish.
>>
Lovecraft, Ligotti
>>
>>7821257
Fifth Head of Cerberus

>>7821253
The Hero as Werwolf

>>7821252
>>7821254
>>7821258
Book of the New Sun
>>
>>7821252
hmm... Michael Cisco?
>>
>>7821252
The Night Land
>>
>>7821332
I've read some of these, but I appreciate having more things to hunt down. I didn't post the more stereotypical "creepy" stuff because I figured I'd get a lot of Lovecraft recommendations, which I've read plenty of.

I'd also recommend you keep your draft close to the chest until publishing. Your apprehension isn't unfounded; I've felt a similar way about things I'm working on.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.