[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most /lit/ drug?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15
File: 1456590528074.jpg (208 KB, 1741x809) Image search: [Google]
1456590528074.jpg
208 KB, 1741x809
my vote: psilocybin
>>
>>7820851
alcohol or nicotine
>>
not a drug but a state of mind: withdrawal, unwilling sobriety
>>
>>7820851
DUDE
>>
i have a much better appreciation of literature during my extended periods of sobriety than when i dabble in regular substance use

answer is alcohol and caffeine, though. maybe amphetamines or opiates as well.
>>
>>7820860
WEED
>>
>>7820860
Oh yes now that I realize this the joke is actually very funny and a worthy post, if only this was Reddit then I would make sure to upvote it. So what's the best way to handle that? I suppose the most widely used method is to just copy and paste it in other threads? I'm assuming that's what you do, but some clarification would be nice. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>7820851
Mescaline
>>
>>7820851

caffeine you little edgkid
>>
>>7820876
Yeah, nah, if you don't like /tv/ crossboarders you shouldn't browse 4chan at all
>>
Go to bed Tao Lin.
>>
>>7820854
terrible disgusting smelly neckbeard drugs
>>
alcohol, no question, anyone who disagrees isn't /lit/
>>
>>7820876 (You) already gave him the 4chan equivalent of an upvote, reddit
>>
>>7820851
Adderall imho
>>
lmao, the name of the board is /lit/... damn, we lit
>>
>>7820856
This

>>7821010
Are you on the west coast by chance?
>>
>>7820868
these plus nicotine
>>
>>7821016
new york
>>
>>7820851
Cocaine. You just write so goddam much!
>>
Marry-Jew-wanna
>>
File: FEAR_AND_LOATHING.jpg (116 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_AND_LOATHING.jpg
116 KB, 448x252
raw ether
>>
>>7820868
Amphetamines, like adderal, steal any emotional capacity you have. If you can't react or connect with a book on an emotional level then how can such a drug be literary? You might be able to read more, but you get less out of it on such drugs.

Caffeine is a nice mild stimulant. And alcohol is a nice mild depressant. Those are definitely literary drugs.
>>
Huffing a rag of chloroform.
>>
_
/ jjjj _
/ タ {!!! _ ヽ、
,/ ノ ~ `、 \
`、 `ヽ. , ‐'` ノ kyo kyo kyo...
\ `ヽ (´・_・`)" .ノ/ NG declaration is a evidence that to be irritated. Let's hunt down
`、ヽ. ``Y" r ' You get bonus , if you make anyone irritated.
i. 、 ¥ ノ
`、.` -‐´;`ー イ
>>
>All these idiots using narcotics

No wonder you'll never get anywhere. Your probably the same cunts who glorify the literary lifestyle of depression and alcoholism. Kill you're selves.
>>
>>7820851
Esspresso
>>
>>7820851
Faith.
>>
Alcohol and opiates if you must.

That said, the best kept secret in literature is that complete abstinence paired with celibacy and certain ascetic practises is the most powerful creative tool there is.
>>
>>7821152
>antidepressants
Why?

You know that you need to take these for a month before anything happens.
Even then lots are just placebos. If you really want it, you can definitely just go to a doctor and ask. They practically give that shit away.
>>
>>7821080
i went to an art museum on amphetamines once and had a tremendous emotional connection to many of the pieces i viewed
>>
>>7820851
Loneliness.
>>
Caffeine pretty much ruins my reading tbqh. Best I've found is getting real stoned in the evening, and working in the state of clarity you feel when you wake up after solid sleep.
>>
This thread is fucking gay. There is no "/lit/" drug and if there was it would be coffee.
>>
>>7821349
Too bad stoners don't have solid sleep though.
>>
Liqueur and Ket
>>
>>7820851
For sure magic mushrooms they Are called the mushrooms of language for a reason. These memers have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>7821362
If you consume right before bed cannabis can disrupt sleep patterns but if you know this it can be avoided by not consuming the hours before sleep
>>
A good beer or two while reading is nice.
>>
>>7821104
And you're probably a really interesting person
>>
>>7821446
If you're getting stoned in the evening you're doing it wrong already.
>>
>>7821443
Terence mckenna is rejected by most biologists. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7820886
This.
>>
File: MAOI.png (6 KB, 431x250) Image search: [Google]
MAOI.png
6 KB, 431x250
>>7820851
MAOIs.
>>
>>7820851
alcohol. cigarettes if you count them too. nothing that fucks you up too much. you need to be sharp but have something to tone you down a bit when you need to.
>>
can i give a bullshit answer and say recovered addict or any kind is best? but i guess its also terrible because that looming craving is always gonna be around, kicking your ass all the time, like a black author trying to write something universal but he just keeps going back to writing about cultural and black issues.
>>
caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, lsd, dmt
>>
>>7820851

For /lit/? Probably ethanol, given all the What Are You Drinking threads, plus historical precedent. Maybe this has been shifting though.
My personal vote's with just caffeine though.
>>
>>7821701

Recovered heroin addict here. The idea that cravings never go away is a lie.
>>
Can we start giving arguments as for why a drug is /lit/ or not?
I'd say LSD if you are talking about the drug itself, non habitually used, maybe not more than once. It increases creativity, can inspire ideas by the sheer surreality of the experience, helps with divergent thinking etc...
Talking about habitual, recreational use I'd say caffeine because it helps you with concentrating on your work, crafting sentences etc... or maybe alcohol because it lifts inhibitons.
>>
>>7820856
lucky me, i guess i'm /lit/ then

heroin is pretty lit both as in /lit/ and 'lit!' shit is so cash (until you realize you've become a shell of your former self)
>>
>>7821768
If you're doing any psychedelics, psilocybin is where it's at, period. Pharmacologically, psychologically, it's just all around better. But as with any psychedelic it's best experienced rather than explained. Lsd is just more foreign to the body and more abrasive psychologically. But any psychedelic is a boundary dissolver, an introspective catalyst, and a deconditioner, best used in large amounts, but not often and not recreationally, and it's right about impossible to read on them. Or focus long term on anything period. So we can eliminate psychedelics, as much as i'll always be a fan of dmt and the tryptamine family. Alcohol is great for writing, but notoriously makes people closed minded and overly self-indulgent, and is not great for reading. Marijuana I would say is categorized with the psychedelics in that it's great for reflecting but not great for emmersion because unless you smoke erry day and find a home in stonedness, it's probably difficult to focus on a book. And while I'm in no position to judge cigarette smokers, and am not trying to (did it myself for 8 years) cigarettes are a stupid decision to start. Don't start.
I take it as a given that we eliminate the horribly harmful drugs, amphetamines like meth or molly, or powerful opiates like anything stronger than a perc, and cocaine, which is just a retarded way to spend your money on ten whole minutes of fun followed by an hour of wanting more coke, we are left with caffine. Final answer.
>>
>>7821788
Makes sense, but only if we presume that /lit/ drug means recreational drug, good to read on.
>>
>>7821839
Indeed. If we're talking writing drugs, alcohol and nicotine or mild amphetamines would be the ones that put self-indulgent sense in you of "I have a lot to say and all of it is important"
>>
>>7820851
warfarin
>>
>>7821530
Shut the fuck up. I'm /lit/ and get stoned sometimes. You don't hold the definitive answer.
>>
>>7821861
Nothing wrong with getting stoned in the evenings. It's better than waking and baking. People who insist they're still as productive as usual when they toke all day just haven't had a sober morning in a while.
>>
>>7821864
Agreed.
>>
File: 1456530950493.gif (627 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1456530950493.gif
627 KB, 500x363
>>7820851
>tfw this night i've dreamed to meet and go lunch with Houellebecq.

He has explained to me his ideas about literature, i've said to him that his main characters are an iteration of the same man.
There was a lot of wine over the table.
>>
ritalina
>>
>>7821861
No need to get defensive my dreadlock wearing friend.
>>
Regular basis? Some mixture of alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco.

Periodically? LSD, Mushrooms, DMT, and/or Salvia depending on your tastes/personality, etc.

Somewhere in-between? Opioids.
>>
>>7821104
>kill you're selves.

I find solace in the fact that straight edge faggots like you are the most insufferable people I've met in my life.
>>
>>7821080
>Amphetamines, like adderal, steal any emotional capacity you have. If you can't react or connect with a book on an emotional level then how can such a drug be literary? You might be able to read more, but you get less out of it on such drugs.

They make you have more energy to write when you come home after your bread-gaining job. You know, it is not easy to write when you come home after a whole morning and afternoon of working in an office or something. With some substance like Modafinil, for example, you can have some 4-5 hours of writing-time at night.

Real writing is a routine-like process. You don’t sit down and wait for inspiration; you sit down every day, at least five days a week, and try to produce good material in each of this writing sessions. You are going to have many bad days, but at least you will be working.
>>
Kratom for me.

It's nice being sober after a long period of abuse. Kind of even better than while taking the drug. I'm really not a disciplined person sadly.
>>
>>7822344
Really? I take kratom pretty frequently and I find it really difficult to maintain focus once the high kicks in.
>>
>>7822379
the most literary drug isn't necessarily the best drug to read and write on.

19th century lads went out of their cunts on heroic doses of mahjoun, which was pretty /lit/ without them being capable of any literary activities in the meanwhile.
>>
>>7821080
Maybe for you, when I take amphetamines it increases my emotional depth, and I'm normally very stoic.
>>
>>7822386
I suppose that's true enough depending on how you approach the question. I think there's an argument to be made that if the drug itself will incapacitate you from constructing or processing literature it cannot really be a /lit/ drug even if historically the drug is associated with /lit/ society.
>>
File: Datura.jpg (68 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Datura.jpg
68 KB, 300x300
>>7820851
only legit answer
>>
For writing:
caffeine
kratom
hydrocodone (not other opiates, I've found)
LSD (only every once in a great while)
buproprion/wellbutrin (mildly stimulating antidepressant + good for mood, focus)

For reading:
weed
oxycodon

I'd really like to try adderall as a writing supplement, at least for work if not my creative writing. Anyone have experience with addie as a supplement?
>>
>>7821788
>>7821845

/thread noobs.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Apparently Stephen King would chug dxm back in the days of his drug and alcohol addiction. Based on my own experiences with dxm, I'm 99% sure he wrote a decent chunk of IT while tripping on that stuff.
>>
>>7820851
Is that his mum?
>>
File: mathilda.png (850 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
mathilda.png
850 KB, 1366x768
Pregabalin.
>>
>>7822448
Weed is great when reading, but the problem I have with it is retaining what I've read the day after. I remember parts of it but when I look back at the parts I've read, I can't seem to remember clearly what had happened.
>>
Khat

Any other answers need not apply. Of course I can only get my hands on it when I fuck off to Ethiopia to visit my family. Hell, even a conversation with my great-aunt becomes mentally simulating when im high off that coo coo shit.
>>
>>7822379
This is why I take small doses. 2-3 gramms are sufficient for me. If I take more it can still be nice but then the same problem kicks in that you described.

But yeah, the longer I take it the higher the dose will be and the less it's /lit/ worthy.
>>
>>7822459
I really like DXM. Unfortunately, it also makes me a little incontinent
>>
Salvia, MXE, 5-Meo-MiPT, 4-Aco-MET.
I've heard good things about DPT, and I actually have some but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>7822718
NIGGER!!!!
>>
File: 1430767054117.jpg (67 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1430767054117.jpg
67 KB, 500x435
>he needs material substances to find enlightenment
>>
Peyote
>>
>>7822955
Saliva isn't anything but nuts
>>
Definitely acid or dmt for me. Reading and writing on either of these is an amazing experience.
Shrooms fuck me up way too much. Too much information coming at me all at once.
>>
>>7822459
DXM is brilliant.
>>7822948
You can avoid that if you slit gel caps, mix that with something and drink it.
>>
>>7820851
You are gay boys . Most lit drug is inspiration so fuck off and eat them apples
>>
>>7822423
Have you ever actually fucked with datura?

A few years ago I gathered some leaves. Stayed away from stems flowers and seeds, myself, I allowed the leaves to dry and used them in small amounts as a smoking admixture.

I can still easily recall the nutty green smell of the leaf.

The effects were minimal, as intended. Slight visual distortion- rainbows and spectrums. A curious sense that you are not intoxicated, regardless of symptoms. I had especially strange abstract dreams those nights, and pronounced hypnagogic visions.

Do not fuck around with datura unless you know exactly what you're doing. Things like not harvesting near roads thru prep storage and responsible use. Failure to follow this warning may result in wretched death
>>
>>7822955
Stop recommending shitty research drugs. Just do real dmt

>>7823168
You cannot read on dmt. Even if you could it's over in a few minutes

>>7823177
DXM is horrible and all that acitamenophen is going to fuck your kidneys.

Jesus, it's my early twenties all over again. Babysitting all these little shits that don't know how to do drugs.
>>
>>7820851
ITT: Dumbass kids listing names of drugs they've heard of.
>>
>>7823213
>all that acitamenophen is going to fuck your kidneys
You mean acetaminophen? You realize that's an different drug right? Are you stupid?
>>
>>7821788
Look into kratom, kind sir. It doesn't surpass caffeine, but it does have it's percs, notable it's ambivalent effevts of stimulation, or sedation depending on dose and strain.
>>
>>7823295
It's almost always in cough suppressants with guaifenesin and the main ingredient, dextromethorphan. Are you stupid?
>>
>>7823317
not that guy but that depends on the brand. it also comes in pill and powder form.
>>
>>7823317
The just fucking buy a dxm only product. Theres tons of fucking brands that contain only dxm you fucking retard
>>
>>7823317
Are you? There's brands with only DXM as the active ingredient, and DXM being an OTC drug, you can legally buy pure DXM powder anyways. Not at a pharmacy, but it doesn't take much digging online to find some relaible sources.
>>
Definitely a psychedelic. They are extremely conducive to creative writing and allow you to truly escape into literature.
>>
>>7820916
Shut the fuck up, some of the greatest literature of our time were fueled on such things.
>>
>>7820874
LMAO
>>
File: smoking-teen.jpg (47 KB, 580x387) Image search: [Google]
smoking-teen.jpg
47 KB, 580x387
>>
>>7823189
That's pretty patrician. I always kinda wanted to try it but it takes a lot of effort to do safely and the potential for things going very wrong is pretty high. Would you say it's worth it?
>>7823213
Lol you clearly don't actually know anything about drugs
Protip: smoking the base is not the only way to take dmt, it's possible to take dxm without acetaminophen, and research chemicals are hit or miss (like all drugs), but some of them are definitely worthwhile. Just because someone swindled you on some 25i or MDPV doesn't mean that every drug developed since MDMA is shit.
>>
>>7821104
I guarantee it's preferable to your inevitable future of being a frail, timid, bald man who rarely goes outside and dies alone with a cat
>>
>>7824131
i don't know, how much do you value your life 1-10?
>>
>>7820851
Stay away from research chems. don't be the subject, be the scientist.

besides that nearly anything other than dude weed lmao can be patrician if used correctly
>>
>>7824199
best post in thread.
>>
>>7824159
Probably like an 8.5
I don't smoke, I generally avoid danger, I eat alright, but I live in the city, occasionally have unprotected sex, and don't go to the doctor.
>>
>>7824283
>occasionally have unprotected sex, and don't go to the doctor.

I guess syphilis is patrician
>>
>not taking a small amount of heroin right after waking up and then proceeding to read your absolute favourite book (yet again) on your balcony whilst overlooking a lakeside dawn

Fucking plens.
>>
LSD is the drug of art

LSD smaller dose is the best for reading and writing.

Lower your dosage and you can do LSD a couple times a week
>>
Coffee, vodka, cigarettes. That's it really, unless you're an extrovert literate who knows where to get drugs, and you're not a complete nervous social fuckup. Most literary figures I've read about just stay around their house or a few other places they like and keep to themselves, reading, writing, smoking, etc. They'll go to bars albeit alone.
>>
>>7822396
Same. I honesty feel like a normal person while on adderall and I feel like some kind of emotionless robot while off it.
>>
>>7820851
None, go read that interview where Burroughs talks about drugs and their connection to the creative process. Depressants are destructive as fuck, LSD is virtually useless outside of therapeutic sessions, or if you're weak-willed and need to drop cigs, meat or alcohol, which are all neurotoxic and cancerous.

Make nootropic stack, sleep well, exercise, and you'll have a far more vivid and rewarding life-experience than any junky.
>>
>>7820851
>ctrl+f Opium
>0 of 0

it hurts me to think i share this board with you plebs.
>>
>>7821667
Joe Rogan is a fan of McKenna, that's enough for me to hate them both.
>>
>>7825016
have you taken any drugs in your life?
>>
>>7825016
>dropping meat
>LSD is useless

aloha, reddit
>>
File: u_files_store_15_19372.jpg (209 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
u_files_store_15_19372.jpg
209 KB, 1919x1080
>>7820851

>bug powder

It's a real literary high. A Kafka high
>>
Alcohol - particularly whiskey or gin
>>
>>7821104

> "Kill you're selves."

>Supposedly some literary master who knows everything and has the lofty privilege to criticise others' modus operandi for writing

>can't use grammar for shit

Is this a fucking troll? Did I just get baited?
>>
File: 58d.png (202 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
58d.png
202 KB, 480x480
>>7825016
>meat

You mean like meat that you eat?
>>
>>7825213
He's probably referring to some articles that recently suggested processed meats are carcinogenic
>>
>>7825237
Red meats in general as well.
>>
>>7825237
>>7825257

It's not that. The are lots of things that are carcinogenic, like aluminum in deodorant for example, but he did not mention that.
It seemed to me that he was suggesting that meat was like a drug. The only people who look at drugs like just another thing that's bad for you can't have ever tried them.
>>
>>7825268
If you're a moralfag vegetarian you can draw parallels, they're both harmful and/or carcinogenic vices that people indulge in because they feel or taste nice. If you ask your average person they're more likely to say they couldn't go without meat than an antiperspirant agent in their deodorant for a week. Unless they're unnaturally sweaty.
>>
File: Grilled-Filet-Mignon-demi-12-14.jpg (911 KB, 1200x969) Image search: [Google]
Grilled-Filet-Mignon-demi-12-14.jpg
911 KB, 1200x969
>>7825237
>>7825257

It's true, but the only carcinogenic thing about meat is when it's cooked, if it's barbecued or grilled or fried and has any grill marks or sears or is darkened in any way, those are areas where carcinogens can form chemically

>Like the black/dark marks on this steak

But it's a statistical process, same with smoking. The chances of eating meat once or smoking once and the carcinogenous substances chemically changing your DNA and that chemical change at some specific cancer gene which leads to tumorigenesis are very very low. But do it your whole life and it can increase chances.
>>
File: roasting-peppers.jpg (85 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
roasting-peppers.jpg
85 KB, 460x345
>>7825314

and as an addendum, this isn't specific to meat-eaters or tobacco smokers. Grilled vegetables or grilled anything or smoked anything produces the same carcinogens.
>>
>>7825314
Humans have been eating cooked red meat for tens of thousands of years, if not more. You're not going to increase your chances of getting cancer by not eating it, just improve your chances of living into dementia.
>>
>>7825328

>You're not going to increase your chances of getting cancer by not eating it

Um, broski, did you read my post? I can provide sources if you want but you can google this shit
>>
>>7825308
I mean that doing drugs does way more that just make you feel nice. Just saying that does not do it justice.
Even putting hallucinogens aside.

It's hard to describe how perfect everything feels and how you could die at that moment and be completely satisfied.
Eating has got nothing on that.

On paper they seem comparable, but it is like comparing a tricycle to motorcycle.

Weed is shit though.
>>
>>7820868
maybe at first with opiates. but eventually you don't have time to write as you'll be smoking cock or too be busy stealing shit from people.
>>
>>7820851
Can this we just let this thread die already? I'm sick of scrolling past it and watching a bunch of stupid ass children listing research chemicals and trying to play informed.
>>
>>7825482
You can hide it

Hiding threads is the only way to browse /lit/ these days honestly
>>
>>7825328
To be 'evolutionarily viable' humans only have to live long enough to raise children to reproduction age, so about their early teens. Evolutionarily speaking you don't need to make beyond your mid thirties at most to be 'successful'.

Basing your lifestyle choices on those standards is retarded.
>>
Galantamine
>>
>>7825016
>LSD is virtually useless outside of therapeutic sessions
Translation
>I've never taken lsd outside of a rave
>>
>>7820851
my vote: Love
>>
A quaalude, appearantly.
https://youtu.be/MJ86YbZufp0?t=12m14s
>>
File: Geogaddi.jpg (51 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
Geogaddi.jpg
51 KB, 300x275
>>7821788
Mandy's harmless mate. But good look focusing on a book for all that long after dropping
>>
>>7825839
That would be good. If we hadn't tapped the earth of all it had already.
>>
>>7827773
I liked the old guy, I could do without the repulsive catty faggot
>>
File: 1455249079486.jpg (25 KB, 300x314) Image search: [Google]
1455249079486.jpg
25 KB, 300x314
>>7827773
After browsing on that channel (disbelief) a little while, found their most viewed video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kqobQRcUo

I'm gonna join isis now
>>
>>7827834
tell them to hit a lady gaga or beyonce concert next time instead of the beagles of deaf metal

you can't let off a single shot in there without improving the world.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.