[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this new or am I copycatting something without even knowing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: images (20).jpg (20 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
20 KB, 485x303
Pic unrelated
Good day everyone, I've came to this board because I need a little help, I want to start a novel and I would appreciate if you guys told me if what I'm about to write has been done before. Thanks in advance.
>The plot goes about an adult male who is basically the hands and guns of an organization which goal is to "Vanish" important people of high interest for said organization. The guy always forgets everything about the casualties and works he has done when he sleeps as the Organization implanted a chip on his brain that erase every detail about past jobs, because they are marked as "Confidential". One day on one of those " Jobs" he is set to kill a woman, but every time he sees her, he forgets what he was about to do and everything related to the Organization or him. Not knowing who he is, stuff happens while his memory keeps "resetting" after every night but for some reason remembering the girl.

If it's a bit crazy for you guys or its not of your interest I will understand but please tell me if it has been done before.
>>
>>7820056
sounds like a mix of dollhouse and Johnny Mnemonic. its not a new idea but its not done often, setting is stale and one of those types that in indie comics love but if you can make good characters that can easily be overlooked.
>>
>>7820056
You can certainly try, but remain vigilant for the cliches and pitfalls.
>>
>>7820093
OP here, you are right, I've researched and seems like a rip-off of Dollhouse, thanks anyway.
>>7820114
Thanks, but I'm looking to create something original, and as I told the anon above, it's like a copy from the series "Dollhouse"
>>
>>7820143
>like a rip-off
that is an ugly word. rip off is something that is 1 to 1 the same and only has a different paint on it. pure concepts are reusable, if that was not the case there would not be a fantasy genre . as for this story, even if you do it well I don't think it will be popular beyond a niche
>>7820143
>something original
that us a lot harder. we could help you spitball it if you have some other ideas.
>>
>>7820195
I was working on something I thought about for a while and it turned out to be just like the "Gone" series. I want to clarify that at the time of the idea I had then and the one I just posted here I didn't knew about "Dollhouse" or "Gone"
I call it bad luck because whenever I have an idea it turns out to have been made before.
>>
>>7820236
like I said its hard being original without destroying the basic tenets of good writing and originality for the sake of originality is not necessarily good
>have been made before
familiarizing yourself with more media could help avoid that
>>
>>7820248
I agree with you
Thanks for the help, kind anon
>>
i remember a movie from like 10 years ago where the main character was an engineer or programmer and he would do secret projects then get his memory wiped after.
>>
>>7820324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=284kahCx42s
>>
Joe 90.

/thread
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.