[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this new, or am I copycatting without even knowing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Pic unrelated
Good day everyone, I've came to this board because I need a little advise of the real booknivores as I don't read a lot, but I want to start a novel. I would appreciate if you guys told me if what I'm about to write has been done before. Thanks in advance.
>The plot goes about an adult male who is basically the hands and guns of an organization which goal is to "Vanish" important people of high interest for said organization. The guy always forgets everything about the casualties and works he has done when he sleeps as the Organization implanted a chip on his brain that erase every detail about past jobs, because they are marked as "Confidential".
One day on one of those " Jobs" he is set to kill a woman, but every time he sees her, he forgets what he was about to do and everything related to the Organization or him. Not knowing who he is, stuff happens while his memory keeps "resetting" after every night but for some reason remembering the girl.

If it's a bit crazy for you guys or its not of your interest I will understand but please tell me if it has been done before.
>>
>>7819613
>I don't read a lot
You should probably fix this if you intend on writing seriously
>>
>>7819648
I have a certain category of what I like, and I'm just starting into writing. I know I should fix that, but I'm not the kind of guy who reads in a excessive way
>>
sounds a bit like joe haldeman's "tool of the trade".

i know i've heard that plot before.

> i don't read a lot
> want to start a novel

why? seriously, why would you want to start a novel if you don't read? that's a little like saying you want to start a high end wine business but you don't drink the stuff yourself.
>>
>>7819667
>I'm not the kind of guy who reads in a excessive way

not much of a recommendation, there. btw i'd like you to take a spin on this motorcycle. it was designed and built by a guy who doesn't like them.
>>
few ideas are genuinely new but the bigger issue is that novels take a lot of time and dedication. give it a go and see if you can make something of it.

as you write it, getting feedback from other people can be helpful.
>>
>>7821158
>as you write it, getting feedback from other people can be helpful.

he doesn't read books, so what makes you think he's going to read feedback?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160318-023012.png (607 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160318-023012.png
607 KB, 1080x1920
What are the jannys fucking doing?
>>
>>7819613
If it means anything to you: don't write it. Because your book will suck.

If that prospect doesn't disappoint you, then go ahead and write it -- you won't sell it anyway, so why bother worrying about plagiarism.
>>
>>7821134
Bad analogy. Literally any idiot who is literate can write a book given enough time. Writing is just the expression of ideas. Some ideas have objective meaning some are just fun to think about.
>>
>>7819613
Just remember, everything new is just a regurgitation of somthing done before. There are no new plots, characters have all been written, every conceivable relationship has succeed and failed in one story or another. All there is to do is write something worth reading, in a new voice with a new combination of previously used concepts.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.