[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heidegger's Question Concerning Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
He ends his short treatise with an appeal to ART as a means of achieving poiesis via "revealing." But who takes the fine arts seriously today? If art can no longer save us from our own enframing, are we condemned to forever be a standing-reserve?
>>
Nobody ever cared about the fine arts
>>
dourownhomework.midi
>>
Heidegger does not appeal to fine art only.
His definition of art is actually Rock solid.
Go read his essay in 'poetry language thought' about what a work of art means.
It both smashes most modern art, and leaves a space for good modern art. Heidegger my nigger
>>
>>7820664
op btfo

don't ask questions without reading the primary sources that answer your dumbass questions
>>
>>7820664
this.
>>
>>7820833
For all you know OP read the primary sources.
>>
>>7823861
if you refer to >>7820664, it appears that op's question was answered directly in the primary sources. thus, we now have to options: op either didn't read the primary sources, or op did in fact read the primary sources but did a very poor job of doing so. additionally, it appears you might have poor read comprehension yourself!
>>
>>7823922
Well put good sir/redditor! I tried to upboat your comment but it seems it was to no avail. ;( </3
>>
File: 1443303834668.jpg (83 KB, 880x618) Image search: [Google]
1443303834668.jpg
83 KB, 880x618
>>7823922
>It appears you might have poor read comprehension yourself
reading*
>>
Heidegger is basically the opposite of Bloom, who champions aesthetics and likes to treat art as an object completely isolated from human subjectivity. Heidegger considers works of art to be inalienable to the place and time in which they were created, as a reflective lens of the sensibilities of an epoch and a historical benchmark that gets to the fundamental root collective sentiment of a time that gets obscured by history and posterity
>>
File: Fountain heidegger.jpg (187 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Fountain heidegger.jpg
187 KB, 640x427
>>7819241
To me he has the most logical view on technology. To sum it up, you have modern thecnology where the object is seen as a mean to archieve its utility. The true nature of technology ishowever different. TechnĂȘ refers indeed to the creation of something. The object is the end itself. Infact you could take the example of a pot maker that crafts a pot as a form of art first of all ; the economic value of the object is just a corollary of crating itself and shouldn't be the goal of it (which is killing modern society).
>>
>>7824256
Yeah, that's what makes Heidegger so cool. He says fuck you to aesthetics while championing art. Real dank shit.
>>
>>7823934
ironic shit--etc you know
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.