[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the bible had no plotholes and would be perfectly reasonable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: the-holy-bible.jpg (46 KB, 567x567) Image search: [Google]
the-holy-bible.jpg
46 KB, 567x567
If the bible had no plotholes and would be perfectly reasonable in its own context, so basically if the bible had good writing, how would the world look today?

Maybe even throw in a good story and remove the cryptic writing to make it more accessible. The lore is pretty solid from what I have seen.
>>
It would look the same because no one actually reads it
>>
>>7818442
Are you implying that the bible doesn't have good writing?
>>
>>7818446
No, I outright said that it has bad writing.
>>
>the Bible isn't accessible

The whole point of the Bible is to make morality and philosophy accessible to the poorest and stupidest of Medieval peasants, especially KJV which I assume you are referring to. It's basically children's story levels of simplicity.
>>
File: Codex_Sinaiticus_open_full.jpg (843 KB, 1200x704) Image search: [Google]
Codex_Sinaiticus_open_full.jpg
843 KB, 1200x704
>>7818442
The plot holes exist because it is a compilation work written from basically 600BC until early first century CE, and consolidated as a complete work in a pre-literate society in the 2nd to 4th century.

>>7818452
>book of job
>psalms
>Ecclesiastes
>matthew
>james
>plot holes
>bad writing

You seem to be uneducated in the matter entirely.
>>
>>7818455
I didn't ask why the plotholes exist. I asked how the world would look today if the bible wasn't a piece of shit and actually had some decent writing that made its contents believable.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.