[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you really write?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg (149 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg
149 KB, 700x700
>gives me the false hope that I will be relevant in the world someday
>allows me to project ideal parent figures in my characters and watch them interact
>excuse for being a NEET
>accessible way to at least leave something for the world
>allows me to thrust my own emotional problems into people through depressive shit narrative
>makes me fantasize about having at least an income to pay back everyone who I screwed over at some point because fell for iago's lies

And you, /lit/? What is the cynical nihilistic truth behind your literature?
>>
It's fun :)
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>7817074
>2016
>still writing for fun
>>
>>7817074
>still falling for the "fun" meme

Nothing is fun in the world, Anon.

You just tolerate the awfulness in it a bit better.
>>
Writing something I know to be good makes me feel more alive than anything else in the world.
>>
>>7817093
I feel good and joyful when I write. I have the feeling that I am achieving something great.

And then I read what I wrote...

I might aswell have spent the previous four hours shitting on the paper. At least it'd tire the brain a lot less.
>>
I want to write a novel but without planning to show it to anyone. I like the creative process and the feeling of achievement when you're working towards something. When I was younger, I used to copy out bits from writers I liked just so I could feel what's like to write those words in that order like the author did. It's also partially that, I want to know what it feels like to write something like that, regardless of how good it actually is.
>>
>>7817071

Because I'm a pessimistic ALCOHOLIC with a long term continuous existential crisis. What the fuck else am I going to do?
>>
>>7817089
>doesn't bathe with a snorkel and rubber ducky

mate you need to live a little
>>
>>7817071
I like the idea of creating a coherent and well-structured piece of something that started as sporadic fragments of ideas within my imagination. I imagine it's what a chef feels like after inventing a great dish, or Alexander when he. stood looking over the rooftops of Babylon
>>
>>7817126
This guy gets it.
>>
For attention.

.... The telepathy is nice, too.
>>
>>7817071
>spent 4 fucking years obsessed with a comic someone wrote.
>my goal is to create a story as complicated and beautiful as it was
>I also have a dream of being a polymath
>tfw I don't even enjoy writing: I like creating stories but writing them down is the only way I can tell them in a coherent way
>>
>>7817159
That's okay, anon. Samuel Clemens didn't like writing either and people loved his book!
>>
>>7817203
I assume there's some hidden jibe in there I'm not seeing but either way I take it as a compliment. that guy was a clever writer, even if he didn't see the humorous appeal of cycling rapidly between levels of verbal formality
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
To slather minds with the nicotine distilled filtrations of my pain.
>>
I don't
>>
Calms my mind
Much better option than playing through that immense backlog that I impulse bought on steam a while ago if I'm not studying
it being a better option sadly doesn't mean I do it most of the time though
>>
>>7817071
Cant really imagine doing anything else, plus it gives me a certain rush I cant get from other things.
>>
>>7817131
rec me a good whiskey for a beginner
>>
>>7817842
Benchmark 8 -(buffalo trace)
>>
>>7817123
Another anon but godamn you are right i'm going out to buy a rubber duck today!
>>
>>7817842
Glenmorangie 10 year old
>>
>>7817071

I want to make people feel this:

>"I was staring through the cage of those meticulous ink-strokes at an absolute beauty."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0
>>
>>7817842
Highland Park
>>
>>7817071
it distracts me from the fact that I'd kill myself if I didn't have something to do
>>
>>7817842
Knob Creek
>>
I crave attention.
>>
>>7817071
Because I'm a utilitarian at heart and I want to serve culture.

I also feel that I have to live up to all of the prizes that I was awarded for it when I was younger and enjoyed it, and all of the praise that I received from my Mother.
>>
It's the only way I can canalize ideas and concepts so I can get them out of my head while creating something.
It's good to see myself improve, and it makes me feel I'm able of being positively productive in some way.
It's the most rational way to make all of the time I spend reading somewhat useful.
>>
>>7817995
Man I just warmed my heart a bit thinking of some thirty year old anon, legs hanging from the lip of the bathtub, all pink from the warmth of the water just fiddling with some rubber ducky
>>
>>7817473
almost cut myself on that edge
>>
>>7817089
uhh i don't know. fucking a random unprotected whilst on the height of bipolar mania and cocaine is pretty fun in the moment

until you crash into a fucking pit of depression and self-deprecation. fuck this
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.