[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reading music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: PUKan.jpg (104 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
PUKan.jpg
104 KB, 1680x1050
Does /lit listen to music while reading? If so, what? Does music improve your reading comprehension?
>>
>>7816806
No, I don't, It may be an autistic reason, but I don't want to the songs to add a mood, that probably doesn't fit, to the scenes I'm reading.
>>
>>7816806
I don't often listen to music while reading, unless it's the newspaper or something. I find it distracting.
>>
File: 1454532914775.png (470 KB, 984x722) Image search: [Google]
1454532914775.png
470 KB, 984x722
>No, sir, I’ll make sure it’s just Ron and Hermione. Good night.”
>DUN TUN TIN DUN TUN
>He turned away again, and was almost at the door when he-
>IIIIIIIIIII LOOOOVE YOU JEEESUS CHRRRRIIIIST
>>
Some times the music doesnt fit the mood of the story and i dont like that. Also its distracting kinda
>>
This to be banally sincere

https://infinitenoise.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
>>7816806

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwcHjmsw3A
>>
>>7816806
Opposite. Especially if it's music with singing I feel like my brain is trying to shout over the music, and my retention basically disappears.

Instrumental music or sometimes folk music can be okay.
>>
>>7816806

I tend to listen to music while reading in two situations:

1. When I'm on the bus and someone (or the bus itself) is being loud as fucking possible and music is a better alternative.

2. When I know the story I'm about to read (generally) and have music prepared to enhance the environment of the reading. For instance, I loved reading the Sea of Fertility tetralogy while listening to traditional Japanese music. Homage to Catalonia was fucking god-tier reading while listening to Sketches of Spain.

If you just want something to have as background while reading, you can't go wrong with something smooth and simple. I would recommend Bill Evans as far as Jazz goes. Easy listening, not very intrusive, piano tends to be an easier listen while focusing on another activity. I listen to a lot of his stuff when I'm writing.

Or you can go full meme and listen to Exmilitary full-blast while reading a bit of Fartagains Wake, f a m.
>>
>>7816950
OP here.
Bill Evans is GOAT.
Also, your idea of music suiting the reading environment is god-tier in itself, my man. Definitely gonna give that a try.
>>
>>7816897
Holy fuck.
>>
>>7816950
Reading the Greeks with Entekhno music is based

I think if you play music you know inside and out, it provides a good noise filter, and it isn't distracting at all because you know it well enough.
>>
what's some good music to listen to while reading the divine comedy
>>
>>7817209
slayer
>>
Reading Kafka's Burrow while listening to The Body Lovers was suffocating
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.