[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read this? I am 100 pages in and the main character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: cover_277.jpg (46 KB, 277x416) Image search: [Google]
cover_277.jpg
46 KB, 277x416
Has anyone read this? I am 100 pages in and the main character is making me cringe too much.
>>
>>7816412
I have read it. I really love The Name of the Wind, the 2nd book, that's called "The Wise Man's Fear".

I think you have to finish it (as every book) to know if you'll like it at all or not. Personally, as I said, I love it, it's one of my favourites books and authors. I really like the way he tells the things, and he is, imo, very original. Hope you enjoy it too.
>>
The little boy is perfect. He can do everything. Its annoying. But it was fun.
>>
It's the lack of originality that kills this type of story. A young boy orphaned after he witnesses his parents and friends brutally murdered grows up rough and street smart fending for himself, swearing revenge. He has many whacky adventures each becoming more increasingly serious adult time now, until he finally faces his enemy only to lose the one person he cares about most. Oh, there also isn't any magic it is all ancient technology or something, because religion and faith is bad.

I basically described all 3 books there, predicting the plot of the third.

Each character falls right out of some terrible anime trope, including the gay tsundere shota apprentice, the sacrificing hero who never gets the girl, the mysterious magical girl, the goofy sidekicks, the wise old hermit that teaches the hero, the cucked best friend girl who he never notices.

It's something you read and forget about 2 months later. All I remember is 60% of the story is filler describing current Kvothe sweeping around his inn and being all forlorn and sad, looking out windows and sighing, arranging bottles on shelves with trembling hands. It's so gringe, it reads like an 15 year old girl's romantic wishlist. He's so wounded by what happened, much scars and pain, not even Bast's boypussy could heal his broken emotion.
>>
it's shit
>>
>>7817179
I will be pretty happy if Kvothe turns out to be a fucking fraud. Rothfuss won't have the balls though. His precious elflute mage warrior minstrel supreme gentleman will be the one of fable all parochial life tells about the fire.
>>
I fucking hate imgur.
>>
>>7817179
nice.azw
>>
File: NOTW.png (688 KB, 1035x464) Image search: [Google]
NOTW.png
688 KB, 1035x464
Hated it. Boyfriend made me read it. I wanted to cry every time he said a female character "shifted from foot to foot". Horrible shit. It happened once like twice a page in a full chapter. Did he have an editor? I don't understand.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.