[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to come up with a word/label/phrase fitting this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm trying to come up with a word/label/phrase fitting this definition: a place of comfort where a normally anxious person is put at ease - due to being closed away from other people, understanding with confidence their position in space is unknown by others, and having security of mind that there are barricades that prevent surprise visits.
Maybe a word/label/phrase already exists for this, but I don't know it. Help me out here. It may sound like a hugbox, but it's not. This is specific to a location of comfort, and not necessarily against rational thought.

I have an anxiety disorder, and feel most secure when I know people aren't going to surprise me with a visit, other people not knowing where I am, other people not being able to hear or see me, and having barriers in place to stop shocking surprises from outside.

I'm thinking something like 'cave, chamber, celler', something like that. But not necessarily with negative connotations.
>>
Womb
Den
Nest
Enclave
Sanctuary
Pod
>>
>>7815965
All good, except I'd prefer a phrase that isn't shared with another meaning, and won't be confused with that meaning also. Something unique to this.
>>
>>7815947
Panic room.
>>
/lit/
>>
>>7815947
safe space
>>
>>7816074
That's great except it's in response to panic, which isn't always the case. It doesn't have to be seen as negative.
>>7816145
Good, but bit too broad.
>>
>>7816102
/thread
>>
hideaway?
>>
Nook
>>
What the fuck is stopping you from using that very description?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.