[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books for someone who struggles to accept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What are some good books for someone who struggles to accept that they are going to die someday?
>>
File: pounded.jpg (41 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
pounded.jpg
41 KB, 313x499
.... helped me thru some dark times : )
>>
KJV
>>
>>7815425
You'll never die
Singularity is near
>>
>>7815429
>>7815430
>>7815434

never change /b/ ! ! 1onetwo
>>
>>7815425
?
>>
>>7815425
courage, friend
>>
>>7815425 nigger you dont need a book, the only reason you cant accept your own death is that you keep waiting for your life to start. you are alive and you will die (probably) get the fuck off of 4chan and do something. i wish i could.
>>
>>7815662

Well last year I quit my job and went travelling for 7 months, so I have tried to live, I came back more depressed than ever, and now spend half my day wishing I was dead and the other half terrified of dying
>>
>>7815676
find something that you can study, it could be a language, an instrument, or a science. find a way to learn about it (Mit opencourseware, khanacademy, youtube, duolingo) and spend ONE HOUR on it every day, if you feel like you cant do it just tell yourself you only have to last 5 more minutes, and when those 5 minutes are up keep going. just try it. its what fixed my depression.
>>
The idiot by dostoevsky
>>
The bible or any religious book.
>>
>>7815726
Lmao. Cringe.

Read Buddhism plain and simple.
>>
>>7815676
This reminds me of a Christmas quite a few years ago when I was 13 or 14, in the period between Christmas Day and going back to school, I had an onset of extreme death anxiety where I was so afraid to die and so afraid of the unknown, yet I wanted to die so I could discover what it was like. I spent most days crying and couldn't sit in the eyeline of a window because I kept seeing the barrel of a gun pointing at me from the other side.

When I went back to school, I never had the problem again, and to this day I can't explain or figure out what was happening and why. I'm pretty sure it was either severe cabin fever or a psychotic episode of some sort (yet I don't have psychosis and never had had), since it was before depression and other shitty mental illnesses kicked in. Whatever it was, it terrified me to fuck; I always thought as a kid that 80 years was a hell of a lot of time yet now weeks are flying by without me even noticing and it's insane.
>>
>>7815806

I did take acid/shrooms about 30 times last year so some sort of mental breakdown is possible. Always been depressed but this acute death anxiety only started last week.

Also suddenly terrified of family members dying, I keep picturing my family unit and wonder who the last one alive will be and it makes me feel physically sick. I feel like a death is imminent.
>>
Hindu
Evola
>>
>>7815767

Your post made me realize I should stop channing and read instead
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.