[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We just finished reading Anthem in class, and it was awful. Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: aro_fiction_anthem.jpg (43 KB, 185x278) Image search: [Google]
aro_fiction_anthem.jpg
43 KB, 185x278
We just finished reading Anthem in class, and it was awful. Now I have to do a project where I have to write an anthem for equality and liberty, and make a flag too.

It has to have the sacred word in it. Ideas?

I'm thinking of quoting Catullus 16 because it has the word "ego" in it, and my teacher probably won't know what it is, also because I'm edgy and don't like the book.

Also for the flag I want some subtle phallic imagery.

Help?
>>
>high school student

Run your fingers down your chest and stomach and tell me how soft your skin is, OP

I bet you don't moisturize at all and everything still glows like a newborn baby. Where do you live?
>>
>>7815301
Not very
>>
>>7815287
Yea it's gateway lit for Rush fans, and irredeemable shit otherwise.

Fountainhead is bretty good.
>>
>>7815287
Ayn Rand was a piece of shit. Her philosophy sucks and is psychopathic. It's basically a "I got mine, so fuck you" mentality. She can't think, she can't write. There's no discernible talent.
>>
>>7815287
What did you dislike about it?

I think it has pleasantly sparse prose, interesting character progression, and an effectively tight plot. I don't agree with all of Rand's ideas, but I think Anthem is a nice novel.
>>
>>7815301
pedo alert

dont tell him where you live op if u want to live
>>
>>7817030
I didn't really see any character progression. The main character has no flaws, and it never really feels like he's in any danger. The most progression he goes through is getting rand ' s "collectivism is bad" ideology.

The actual writing style was kind of annoying to me. Not that she kept using "we" instead of I, just the way she negated verbs, "we x not" instead of "we don't".
>>
>>7815287
The best part about anthem is the fact that you now never have to read Rand ever again. It's just her manifesto, so for being that it is successful in that ir conveys her ideas (too) well.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.