[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if I only want to understand Derrida, Deleuze and Guattari and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: deleuze-et-guattari.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
deleuze-et-guattari.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
if I only want to understand Derrida, Deleuze and Guattari and Land where should I begin?
assume I have no other philosophical knowledge (though I am reading Republic)
>>
>>7814090
Read this first: http://www.aaronvandyke.net/summer_readings/Guattari_Felix-Mary_Barnes_Trip.pdf
>>
Has land done anything besides scattered blogs?
>>
>>7814430
books and essays
no reason a blog can't be a philosophical work (though I wish he organised it a bit better)
>>
Easy there, partner, we're talking about some serious step-skipping here.

Best advice I could give:
For D&G, read François Dosse's History of Structuralism and his biography of Deleuze and Guattari. You'll then be able to read DG as a French licence student would, mostly using historical context and contemporary trends to work your way through. It'll work, because capitalism and schizophrenia has a really charades-ish looseness that doesn't require a lot of specific background.

For Land, read the Bataille: Visions of Excess reader from uminn and then just dive into the muck of Land himself.

Derrida is in another league of difficulty. The history of structuralism really helps here too, especially with the early stuff. Maybe read Christopher Norris's book on Derrida and then Voice and phenomena and the first book of Of Grammatology. Also try Nietzsche's Truth and Lies in a Moral and Non-moral sense.
>>
Almost forgot, maybe take a look at guattari's notes for anti-oedipus
>>
>>7814461
>>7814464
thanks dog
more interested in D&G and Land than Derrida really
>>
>>7814441
No reason scattered napkins can't be; fuck off I'll read them.

Any of his books worth a read?
>>
>>7814090
Read Chaosophy. It explains their works and ideas in such a simplistic manner.

http://www.amazon.com/Chaosophy-Interviews-1972-1977-Semiotext-Foreign/dp/1584350601
>>
>>7814461
Do you read Dosse in French? I have to read him in English and I hate his fucking prose flourishes.
>>
>>7815242
you can have a sample of his simpler prose in French right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0pWB1ytUiI
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.