[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend just dumped me. I also just finished Heart of Darkness.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 600x731) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 600x731
My girlfriend just dumped me. I also just finished Heart of Darkness.

What book should I read next? I want something that will inspire me to get up off my ass and get out there and not be depressed and fall into self doubt for half a year like I did last time.
>>
Reading isn't going to help you. Just find someone else to attach to. It seems quite easy as I have observed.
>>
the young hitler i knew
>>
A Farewell To Arms

You might find out you weren't actually in love and scare you away from isolating into women.
>>
The change will need to come from your own heart if it's to mean anything
>>
Read Fear and Trembling. It's my next one. Times of struggle push us further God and so one must seek out his help.
>>
>>7813497
>find someone else to attach to
>he believes in leeching
>he doesn't know what love is
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>7813513
too bad "from your own heart" doesn't mean anything
>>
>>7813491
Steppenwolf, seriously
>>
>>7813597
An impressive misinterpretation.
>>
Bump, just read Narcissus and Goldmund, want to take a break from Hesse, although I love him.
>>
Confessions by St. Augustine. It's an inspiring read whether you're Catholic or not.
>>
File: Ready_Player_One_cover.jpg (24 KB, 313x475) Image search: [Google]
Ready_Player_One_cover.jpg
24 KB, 313x475
>>7813491
Start here man
>>
>>7813491

>Enjoy the company of your Family members: they are always here for you and will support you no matter what – do programs with your dad, your mom, your brothers; just chill and be near them.
>Enroll on a gym and start exercising at least 3 times a week.
>Buy books about healthy alimentation and start eating right and getting all the nutrients you need.
>Try to make a solid routine: wake up always at the same hour, go to bed always at the same hour: this will help balance your life.
>Start meditating for a few minutes every day. The best book I ever read about it (and I read quite a lot) is this one (it is a relatively new book, it was published last year, but I guarantee you that is going to become a classic): http://www.amazon.com/The-Mind-Illuminated-Meditation-Integrating/dp/0990847705
>If you don’t want to go out and see new people right now, just don’t do it: stay home taking care of yourself, preferably near your loved ones.
>Invest time on your favorite hobby (be it reading, writing, composing music, taking care of the garden, running, etc.): try to achieve mastery in it, but don’t care about others: just try to be good for yourself – there is no need to be recognized by anyone else.

Do all this for a whole year and I guarantee you will be feeling great by this time in 2017.
>>
File: skem.jpg (41 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
skem.jpg
41 KB, 500x334
>>7813491
>like I did last time.
Serial 'monogamists', when will they learn?

Being a filthy slut is what undermines your happiness, OP.
>>
>>7813597
Do you know for sure?

Please tell us all, what is love?
>>
>>7815740
My friend had a gay romance with that guy Seraphim Rose. Old Rosie was a serial monogamist too...
>>
>>7815397
>alimentation
>>
>>7817137
Baby don't hurt me.
>>
>>7817137
'Tis not hereafter.
>>
>>7813665
an impressive faggot
>>
>>7815363
Why though
>>
>>7815363
Don't.
>>
Kierkegaard is good in a depressed state.
>>
>>7819292
Kierkegaard is always good...
>>
>>7819299
Even more so however if it resonates with you.
>>
>>7819275

Because he's gonna be a virgin for the rest of his life, might as well start reading virginal literature.
>>
File: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (30 KB, 229x350) Image search: [Google]
CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg
30 KB, 229x350
>>7813491
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.