[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm almost finished Rendezvous with Rama and my friend loaned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: rama2.jpg (13 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
rama2.jpg
13 KB, 264x400
i'm almost finished Rendezvous with Rama and my friend loaned me the second. Is it worth reading? I'm enjoying the first book but I'm hesitant as the second is mostly written by this other guy.
>>
bump.
>>
no. it is not. none of the sequels are.

the first book is a thoughtful exploration of an alien wonder.

the sequels are thoughtful explorations of just how vile people can be when plotting to exploit those alien wonders.

it's like the first book is a tour of a tropical island, and the sequels are films of the natives being starved and raped.
>>
>>7814490
Back then reviewers critiqued Rama 1 for having no human characters, practically robots who are exploring an alien landscape.

Clarke took that to heart so Rama 2 completely overshot into the other direction, everything is about humans, nothing about aliens.
>>
Don't. I read the second one and hated it
>>
No.
Clarke didn't write the Rama sequels. Gentry did entirely on his own. They're crap. Don't bother.
>>
they're co-written, aka, clarke slapped his name on the cover

skip
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.