[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a pedophile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: lewis-carroll-448.jpg (83 KB, 448x293) Image search: [Google]
lewis-carroll-448.jpg
83 KB, 448x293
Was he a pedophile?
>>
File: wat2.jpg (31 KB, 599x626) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
31 KB, 599x626
........................................................................................................................................................................no
>>
>>7812971
Yes but he wasn't a selfish, carnal or predatory pedophile, and knew that by having sex with a little girl he would damage her beyond repair. Part of his love for little girls was their inherent pureness and beauty.
>>
maybe but w.e

he was just a more elegant/an english nietzsche
>>
he was creepy as fuck (see those pictures he took of Alice Liddell), but no proofs. So I don't think so.
>>
File: ywn diddle a Liddell.jpg (102 KB, 615x889) Image search: [Google]
ywn diddle a Liddell.jpg
102 KB, 615x889
>>7814792
He certainly liked young girls.
>>
>>7814865
But quite a few Victorians did (Ruskin, Hudson, Kilvert among others)

Didn't mean to samefag. I just thought it interesting that the Victorian era tended to fetishize childhood to that degree.
>>
>>7814865
Now, that's a pretty child.
>>
>>7814891
true dat. Those Victorian fags were sick as fuck.
>>
>>7814976
Eh. It wasn't fetishisation as we know it today. They just didn't consider the nude child form sexual as we seem to now - take care not to apply modern values where they don't belong.
>>
In the edition of Alice I read there was his short bio with something like
>He held sentimental interest in young girls (something not uncommon in his time).
or something to that effect.
>>
>>7815181
I will take care, anon. Thanks for the lecture.
>>
File: alice a cute.png (2 MB, 1200x765) Image search: [Google]
alice a cute.png
2 MB, 1200x765
What would Carroll think of the rich and complex ways that his Alice has taken root in popular culture?
>>
>>7815407
I hope you're referencing the rest of the thread.
>>
>>7812971
Well, he was a mathematician, so yeah probably.
>>
>>7814779
What did Nietzsche said about paedophilia ?
>>
From what I've read, Lewis Carrol was the second best photographer in England at the time and all of the little girls he took pictures of were done under the strict supervision of their parents. When they accused him of being a pedo he discarded all of the copies of his work, but the families kept theirs. In fact, I think many of them came to his aid when the church started accusing him of perversion.

The reason we have all of his nude kiddie pictures is because the families supplied them posthumously to different museums and whatnot. So pedo? EKH DUNNO.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.