[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit, how's your day going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
Hey /lit, how's your day going?
>>
Shitty
>>
I spend all day trying not to think about suicide. It's tiring. I can only read in small breaks.
>>
Pretty bad. I'm going to fail two mid-terms in the next two days, and consequently a class. My roommate is insane and keeps complaining about smells that don't exist. I keep getting my money in at 70%+ in poker and losing. In addition to my usual problems.
>>
Same as the others

I do nothing
>>
Everyone's being a bit dramatic here. Are you searching for Reddit, perhaps?
>>
>>7812808
Read up on reincarnation and then play russian roulette.

If you don't die, then you'll get an injection of energy to do something until the next pangs of depression hit.
>>
File: desertpunk.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
desertpunk.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
productive. cleaned my apartment because my girlfriend is lazy, and I want to enjoy spring break in a mess-free zone. watched Slingblade. read 80 pages in Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism, and fapped twice. now basking in accomplishment before I read more.
>>
>supposed to read 300 pages and write a thing
>watched entirety of One Punch Man, jerked off 600 times, browsed 4chan so often that it can't even be quantified in time blocks but can only be described as the cement that held the other blocks together, emptied the cat shit box

GLAD I AM SO PRODUCTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Unproductive, uneventful, insufferable as usual. God I hate existing.
>>
>worked from 6-4
>had a 15 minute nap
>ate shitty pizza
>going to work party
>its "steak and blowjob" day so heres hoping a co-worker has loose morals!

....didn't have time to read
>>
I wish someone would talk to me. I need it.
>>
>>7812928

HELLO
>>
>>7812788
Took the day off from work because I'm a degenerate depressive whose one-itis had her last day yesterday.

Had a fap, ate some breakfast, just went for a run, now I'm shitposting on /lit/.

Swell.
>>
>>7812930
Have you brought a whole lot of lovin?
>>
>>7812932
Forgot to mention that I finished Ajax by Sophocles after breakfast but before my run.
>>
>>7812936

I've brought a medium amount of platonic affection. I would totally rub your head.
>>
File: Golden-Gate-Bridge_about_1.jpg (937 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Golden-Gate-Bridge_about_1.jpg
937 KB, 1280x853
>>7812932
>One-itis
It's so good when things are going well.
I hope it's all ok anon.
>>
Not great. Was supposed to visit Teotihuacán this morning but fainted in the shower and have been feeling woozy all day. My gf threw up and has had diarrhea all day. So we rescheduled for tomorrow and have been holed up in our hotel all day. Which is quite disappointing, but we're justifying it on the fact that we've walked over 30 miles throughout Mexico City over the past 2 days. At least I'm here on spring break and still got a 30 minute walk in earlier by myself, which was nice despite feeling like my head was going to spin off every time I stepped out of a shaded area.
>>
>>7812944
Being treated like a dog is an upgrade. Thank you.
>>
Quit my job, finished my album, burned bridges with most people I know, and in a week I'm starting my life as a vagabond. Yet I still feel shitty, once I run out of money I'll probably kill myself.
>>
File: Local.jpg (321 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Local.jpg
321 KB, 1600x1200
>>7812945
Thanks for responding, my friend. It's literally only because she talked to me fairly regularly and I have no female friends. I work in IT

This is my local bridge. I don't think it's high enough - some guy jumped the other week and I'm fairly sure he didn't die. So, not to worry.
>>
>>7812788
Pretty good, my fever is finally dropping after a week of flue and I'm well enough to read again.

I'm reading Houellebecq's work on Lovecraft, which is interesting despite never having read Lovecraft himself.

What about you, OP?
>>
File: 1299836967992.jpg (16 KB, 484x199) Image search: [Google]
1299836967992.jpg
16 KB, 484x199
>watched Jaws
>worked out
>studied a bit
>went to the doctor
>read on the way to uni
>had classes
>spent the way back from uni talking about books with unrequited love after months of being apart
>am here now
>>
Everything hurts, just got out of six year relationship. Snowboarded and smoked the last week. Heading to Vegas this weekend to keep my lself occupied.
>>
>>7812998
It's going aight anon. I also just got a flu (do you live in CA by chance) and am currently finishing up Brothers K. It was pretty darn good.
>>
>>7812874
I just watched one punch man also!! What did you think about saitama as the protagonist? I thought his desire to be famous in comparison to his apathy about how strong he is/being the best fighter around was refreshing.
>>
Literarily, horrible. I don't finish a book for a month. At any other perspective, it's also going pretty much bad. I've been also considering suicide.
>>
>>7812949
Where you from?
>>
Everybody in this thread has high expectations of themselves. Cant you fail at life and not feel bad about it?
>>
Well I've discovered that my parents may be getting divorced over numerous affairs my father has had. They've been married more than 25 years.

I'm not mad, really, just disappointed.
>>
>>7812788
woke up 40 minutes ago and decided to call in sickfrom my job. gf went to work so i just jerked off to rocco doing brazilian twins. now i'm about to have breakfast and later i'll head to the library and return some books and maybe get some new ones. everything could be worse i guess.
>>
>>7812788
Just trying to see the water.
>>
>>7812788
Fucking shit, a program I made at school blew up in my face because some girls got triggered and I don't know what kind of punishment I'm looking at
>>
This thread is living proof that pretentious readers are more likely to be suicidal. Go enjoy life you goyims.
>>
>>7813808
got triggered how?
>>
>>7812788
Good, reading Menander sipping an espresso and trying to convince myself to do something before the sun goes down.

Reading Epictetus and Epicurus helped me with the existentialism y'all seem to be in the middle of, check em' out.
>>
>>7812788
Meh. There are far more ways for it could go better than worse.
>>
>>7813817
You tell me, admin won't tell me what's been done wrong but they made me fill out a form and I have to wait for the results of their investigation
>>
>>7812808
Go to an ayhuasca ceremony resort in South America. It will save your soul brah. It saved mine.
>>
>>7813879
Moar pls
>>
>>7813878
what kind of program did you make?
>>
>>7813809
>Implying I'm not Jewish and still don't have a life I can be happy about
>>
Got two teeth pulled out, and am now getting myself doped up on Norco.

Going to sleep or play video games or something, maybe read.
>>
My day is "going" rather well, in the sense that my routine, now thoroughly established, has not been interrupted by the external environment. I am more than a quarter of the way into writing the final installment of my memoir and following the first positive response I've received having submitted a portion of my manuscript elsewhere my mood is rather buoyant and my outlook optimistic. I am aware however, due to possessing a heightened self-awareness, that this positive mood will not continue for very long, and that soon I will be forced, regardless of my mental fortitude and stoic disposition, to fall once more into the depths of a general despair reinforced by the essential tragedy of a human existence. But at the moment my feelings are bordering on the sort of contentment I am otherwise rather suspicious of, the kind of contentment which plagues the lives of most of my peers and condemns them to a life of obscurity and mediocrity. Tomorrow I will attend the library once more and continue my work, but until then I sit here in the spare room of my homedressed in a warm white cotton undershirt, a pair of boxer shorts, a pair of thick warm socks and the bathrobe I have worn since my early teens, typing away on my mother's PC while drinking a glass of cold soya milk, biting the warm tip of a French baton, the room illuminated only by the screen of the computer and a series of tea lights which soothe and comfort me. How strange it will be to leave this home when my work becomes published and my presence is requested by audiences across the country if not the world. I savoir these moments, knowing that the profound emotions I am feeling at this very moment will one day be articulated at length over the pages of another book, another time.
>>
>>7812897
this desu senpai
>>
My job is veeeery slow, but I'm in an office with 5 other guys so I can't just start reading. Applied for another more intense but interesting job yesterday night, just got called and I can come in after hours tonight for a first talk (I didn't even know run-of-the-mill HR would do that, so I think they're desperate). This other job would also pay more. Pretty good 2bh.
>>
just pure fucking misery
>>
Should be preparing for Uni entrance exam for Literature but i feel completely paralyzed.
>>
It's 12:30 and I'm getting out of bed to study. I'm not neet, but am sick for 5 days now, got antibiotics yesterday. Also I now feel a bit dizzy, I don't know why.
Have to start studying, a 5 day break is a lot.
Also I'm really fucking lonely, haven't spoken to anyone irl for a week.
The girl that I really like, but who is either ambivalent or meets me out of courtesy got sick on the same day as me when we were supposed to meet for coffee. I haven't seen her in over 3 months.
I'm unsure if I like her or my mental image of her. This is always the problem with me when I'm in love.
>>
File: panic.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>failed massively and awkwardly at my only social interaction in 2 weeks yesterday
>feel sort of paralysed and feel utterly horrified with my lack of social ability and my innate inferiority
>dont want to leave my room or go to class
>>
>>7812949
That's what we call Moctezuma's revenge.
>>
>>7812788
It's pretty shitty, I have an anthropology final that I haven't studied for at all. I've got a lot of adderal for that though. I should really attempt to recreate the amount of studying I do during finals week and disperse it throughout the rest of the week.

To make this /lit/, I recently started IJ and for some reason, can't properly engage it u less I know I have an interminable amount of time to dedicate it. Does anyone else know this feel? I started the picture of Dorian gray as a sort of distraction, to give me a semblance of distraction from the guilt I feel at being unable to read IJ sans multiple hours to waste. The wilde novel is definitely entertaining though, very quotable and vaguely profound
>>
>met a dude (or re-met, i hadn't talked to him in about 7 years) who i got along well with at music festival over the weekend
>i asked him for a lift back which was a good 2 hours, i offered money for petrol but he declined
>left my phone in his car, he drove over to drop it off but i was asleep and nobody answered the door so he left it in the letterbox
>want to ask him if he can help me get a job at his work but at this point it really feels like i've just been asking him for shit without giving anything in return the whole time
>should i ask or wait a bit and ask but risk it being a bit out of the blue?
>>
>>7814346
okay Albert
>>
>>7813879
I almost signed up for one but didn't feel ready, also didn't have the money. Can you elaborate please?
>>
I'm alright. Spring break from grad school but I'm still going to work. I just bought some dude weed lmao for the first time since last summer and it seems like I don't enjoy being high as much as I used to. I definitely enjoy the ritual aspect of it, the going outside and enjoying the spring weather
>>
Ok, but reaaaaaaally balancing on the edge of the abyss, everything could go wrong at any moment
>>
>>7814580

you sound like a scumbag....
>>
>>7814205
i hope this isn't genuine
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.