[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a more perfect embodiment of the Nietzschean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: -.jpg (44 KB, 307x409) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
44 KB, 307x409
Has there ever been a more perfect embodiment of the Nietzschean Übermensch?

>rejected the values of the mandarin china, the same mandarin values that nietzsche despised, so he destroyed them in the cultural revolution
>did not believe in any god or higher moral power
>perfect embodiment of this-worldliness: remade a nation of billion people to his vision
>believed in the concept of constant revolution, actively promoting strife and crisis as catalysts for change
>rejected soviet communism and rebuilt the idea: a creator of new values
>did not fear death: risked nuclear war in multiple instances to accomplish goals
>absolute will to power
>>
>>7810926
a moifucking chink cant be the pber yo uu
>>
>>7810926
I actually agree with you.
>>
>>7810987
kind of a good example up until the later years of his life anyway, when he was functionally dependent on his advisers and not quite 100% there. Also, kind of shows why the Nietzschean Ubermensch can be a totally shit ideal in reality.
>>
truly a demigod.
>>
>>7810997
he spent msot of the later years of his life in full hedonistic sex orgies after accomplishing everything he wanted to

if anything he went even more ubermensch
>>
>>7811007
what
>>
>>7811647
https://www.chinafile.com/library/nyrb-china-archive/unmasking-monster

obviously biased but it's fairly well accepted that mao did a lot of hedonistic shit later on in life.
>>
>>7811657
>beyond the special privileges of the country’s leaders, the peasants of China were starving…. The deaths were now in the millions, and before the famine was over tens of millions would die. And as so many of my countrymen starved, I sat…celebrating the sixty-sixth birthday of the absent emperor Mao…. I lived in a world apart. We in Group One had no rules. There was no law. It was a paradise, free from restraint, subject only to the whim of Mao and the guilt that gnawed those of us whose consciences remained intact.

ubermensch as fuck

when you know no earthly court has any power over you and that no judgment is waiting for you in the afterlife
>>
wow
>>
>>7811657
Is it really? I'm pretty sure the shit about the orgies comes from just Li Zhisui's memoirs.
>>
File: Kurt-2-CAF.jpg (69 KB, 478x687) Image search: [Google]
Kurt-2-CAF.jpg
69 KB, 478x687
>>
>>7814148
li zhisui's memoirs had the most egregious accounts, but there were many other snippets of accounts/memoirs/evidence indicating less extreme displays of hedonism. but it obviously existed, the exact extent is probably hard to ascertain at this point. likely some mid-point.
>>
>>7810926
Nietzsche meant the Übermenschen to recreate a masterpiece among the normal people. Not to rule them all. Mao Zedong was just a dictator, who broke with the values. There was no constant revolution under mao.
>>
>>7814783
reactionary paper tiger detected. gaijin go home.
>>
>>7814761
>>7814148
Li Zhisui's memoirs are an awful, awful source that have only not been discredited because they're politically useful. I did a lot of research on the quality of historiography on communist China at university and in the process realised that pretty much anything gets a pass as long as it makes good politics. Mao might have had sex with a few women other than his wife - anything aside from that should be treated with a huge amount of skepticism.
>>
>>7814789
Also to reply to >>7814783, there's no evidence to suggest that Mao was anything less than 100% sincere in his attempt to hand power to the masses and create a permanent revolution in China during 1966-68. But that was a stupid idea, so it's probably good he backed off on that one.
>>
>>7814789
>>7814794

i agree completely and i admit i was citing the li zhisui stuff mainly cause, well, it's hilarious as fuck in a meme ubermensch mao thread

but yeah the top leadership were probably leaving fairly hedonistic lives compared to the general state of the chinese population at the time
>>
>>7814784
I may not be Asian but comparsion with mao and the embodiment of Nietzsches übermensch is kinda bold
>>
>>7814806
it's a meme thread friendo, embrace the memes
>>
>>7814806
I dare you to present a better candidate
>>
>>7814784
>gaijin
Gweilo detected
Get off this is a Chinese website now
>>
>>7814832
>Chinese website

but this is a greenlandic fansite for harp seal enthusiasts

it's also gwai lo
>>
>>7814832
>>7814840
canto faggots detected

guizi go home
>>
>>7814840
>Arguing over how to make a word which never deserve to pass through white lips easier to to pronounce for foreign shits
>Not the biggest gweilo itt

>>7814846
Wo cao baka
>>
我发现/lit/上其实有好几个超活跃的中国人
>>
>>7814852
remove miàn
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.