[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Underneath everything in your life, there’s that thing—that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: l.jpg (92 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
92 KB, 1401x788
>Underneath everything in your life, there’s that thing—that "empty forever," that knowledge that it’s all for nothing and you’re all alone. Life is tremendously sad just by being in it.

What are some books that deal with the "empty forever"?
>>
edgy post, teen
>>
notes from underground
the metamorphosis
>>
Man, I don't know if it is because it's Sunday night but /lit/ sure is depressing today.
>>
Zapffe, it doesn't deal with it in a way that you'll like.

Or Buddha, who does.

Both valid
>>
Your words, actions, and presence will continue to move through time even after you die.

Can some other bro continue this thought for me? I'm getting some writing done. OP needs to learn.
>>
Mrs. Dalloway is a book that has pretty good depictions of the moments that Louis is talking about in that bit
>>
>>7808625
Pinecone deals with the idea of preterition a lot, especially in V. and Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
>>7808625
This is Buddhism without the freedom and peace
>>
>>7808625
Antiwhite Criminal Louis C.K. Should Fear the Coming Day of Retribution.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7808625
>>
>>7808659
That doesn't necessarily run counter to what he's saying. A presence endlessly echoing through space and time isn't automatically meaningful or substantial, it just is. You're just a wave of white noise in the sea of being.
>>
>>7808644
It's like this every day...
>>
>>7808734
Just me then. To keep it on topic: what OP is experiencing is what Hegel called the 'negative', look it up.
>>
>>7808644
It's because we left.
>>
>>7808625
That comes off really harsh in text, but it's funny when he says it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.