[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's he literary equivalent of PBR? >inb4 Tao Lin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 783x783) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 783x783
What's he literary equivalent of PBR?
>inb4 Tao Lin
>>
Cormac McOprah
>>
harry potter = budweiser
hunger games = coors
girl with the dragon tattoo = miller
twilight = heineken
50 shades = budweiser's clamato

all shit.
>>
>>7808509
The literary equivalent of a cheap, mediocre working-class beer that hipsters have appropriated? Kurt Vonnegut, I guess.
>>
beer allegories dont work because there arent really any nice or good beers
>>
>>7808538
Bukowski as well, probably.
>>
>>7808538
ready?
define hipster
>>
>>7808523

bukowski = yuengling
vonnegut = pbr
stephen king = molson canadian
>>
>>7808542
Guiness is decent. Corona's ok too. Also some of those microbrews or whatever are pretty decent. I've never liked beer as much as spirits though.
>>
james joyce = founders
thomas pynchon = stone

david foster wallace = rolling rock
>>
>>7808558
Image obsessed 20 something to early 30 year old yuppies and/or trust fund babies who follow various trends, often "ironically". Almost invariably white.
>>
>>7808564
>corona's ok
top yey
>>7808542
this board isn't for girls
>>
>>7808573
DFW's sierra nevada
>>
>>7808509
catcher in the rye
lord of the flies
>>
>>7808640
He's nowhere near that good.
>>
>>7808640
No. Sierra Nevada is actually good.
>>
mark twain
>>
>>7808671
>>7808669
he's good, though not excellent, and accessible. sierra nevada.
>>
>>7808698
DFW is Long Trail caliber at best.
>>
File: Southern-Tier-LOGO[1].png (14 KB, 488x120) Image search: [Google]
Southern-Tier-LOGO[1].png
14 KB, 488x120
Gaddis
>>
File: Untitled8-700x427[1].png (368 KB, 610x372) Image search: [Google]
Untitled8-700x427[1].png
368 KB, 610x372
>>7808584
>Almost invariably white.
What's with the racial bigotry? There are hipsters of virtually all races and colors.
>>
I never got people who prefer beer to hard liquor. Sure, I'll drink beer if I want to get shitfaced and am too impatient to get to a proper liquor store, but it's always my second choice. I'd even take a relatively crappy/cheap whiskey like Old Crow over decent beer. Beer just isn't as satisfying, somehow.
>>
>>7808744
There are, but they're a minority (ha) compared to white hipsters, hence the "almost".
>>
>>7808752
what the hell kind of "beer" are you used to drinking?
>>
>>7808509
king
>>
>>7808752
I drink beer to enjoy, liquor to get blitzed. It's also pretty cheap to try a wide variety of beers.
>>
>>7808758
>>7808764
I've tried all sorts of beer and have enjoyed it, but I still enjoy liquor, even the cheap stuff, to a significantly larger degree.
>>
>>7808538

This is actually a decent answer.
>>
>>7808538
This is what I was going to say
>>
Who is the 3 Floyds of literature?
>>
>>7808775
beer meets this great middle ground though of quenching a thirst and being alcoholic. like, a good lager with food is infinitely better than hard liquor with food. that being said, i know what you mean w/ beer at parties and such. i don't really get why people get fucked off of shitty beer. you have to do so much more consumption of liquid (and pissing and calorie-gaining) to get fucked.
>>
>>7808962
jorge borges is the 3 floyds of literature.
>>
>>7808968
I disagree about the food part. Though it depends on what you're eating. If it's really salty and greasy, beer is a better pairing, but if it's something like steak, red wine or whiskey is better, if it's seafood, white wine is the best pairing.

But drinking with a meal isn't what I was talking about. I do most of my real drinking without food and thirst isn't really a factor I care about since I drink water all throughout the day anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 331x500
Let's see.
Cheap, bland, consumed by idiots, sought out by teenies, and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Gee I wonder
>>
I am drinking PBR right now.
>>
>>7808561
>Stephen King = Molson
Fucking perfect
>>
>>7808584
Hipsters can be poor - they just spend themselves into debt by living well beyond their means.
>>
>>7808538
came in here to post this, well done
>>
>>7808573
Rolling Rock is the best cheap beer though
>>
sherwood anderson

it's sherwood anderson
>>
>>7809679
They can become poor by squandering their money but the hipster lifestyle is impossible to get into in the first place if you're already poor.
>>
Gene Wolfe = arrogant bastard
>>
nabokov = dirty bastard
>>
>>7808538
>>7808547
Heyo reddit.
>>
>>7810037
Nabokov = Old Chub
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.