[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: fatpepe.jpg (22 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
fatpepe.jpg
22 KB, 234x250
Alright /lit/, I'm going to start reading again.
Whats the best book in the world? Give me your recommendations.
>>
There's no such thing.
People in here will probably say Ulysses tho.

Read the sticky faggot and get out
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 250x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 250x449
You Liss Seas

Also Gravity's Rainbow—not so much Endless Fun but hey, when in Rome!
>>
>>7807781
There isn't such a thing. And, considering the fact that you are just getting into reading, it's probably unwise to jump straight into Ulysses or The Tunnel.
>>
>>7808434
What are some good books to start out with?
>>
>>7808443
The /lit/ starter kit. If you want to seriously get into literature, you'll have to start with the Greeks.
>>
>>7808443
Start with the memes
>>
>>7808434
Would catch 22 be classified as such?
>>
>>7807781

If you just want to get into reading, just get any book you feel like you wanna read or is about a subject you're interested in.

If you want to get into serious "literature" then the /lit/ starter kit is a fine selection of easily interpretable books for you to learn to begin reading at a deeper level. But don't treat it like a laudry list or something. Combine it with my first point and pick something there you actually want to read.
>>
>>7807781
infinite jest
>>
>>7807781
the Holy Bible
>>
Brothers Karamazov. THE book that made me believe that literature was a step beyond everything else.
>>
>>7807781
english = ulysses
any language= anna karenina
>>
Steppenwolf.
>>
>>7807781

i think the best book in the world is gonna be different for everyone

if i were you i'd find the best book for you, right now :^)
>>
animorphs
>>
Where The Red Fern Grows
>>
War and peace
All quiet in the western front
In search of lost time
>>
I don't know about best, i'm 200 pages into the Count of Monte Cristo. It's very good. I can't read it drunk though. Too hard to made sense.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.