[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critiquing Objectivism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Objectivist1.jpg (225 KB, 697x1024) Image search: [Google]
Objectivist1.jpg
225 KB, 697x1024
What are some specific criticisms that you have of Objectivism and it's core tenets?
>>
It doesn't have to be that way.
>>
>>7806858
Only fedora tipping teens think it's good, and posters on an anonymous Vietcong vanilla smoothie factory imageboard.
>>
The majority of actual philosophers think it's a joke.
>>
Just imagine the hubris and self-satisfiedness needed to name your philosophy "Objectivism".
>>
>>7807349
>actual philosophers
Cringeworthy post, senpai.
>>
>>7806858
its not fit for a human.to put it in layman's terms its like the jedi code, it may sound good to some on paper but its not doable by a functioning human
>>
File: kant statue.jpg (50 KB, 388x600) Image search: [Google]
kant statue.jpg
50 KB, 388x600
>>7806858

The Objectivists I've come across have tended to have a flawed and/or superficial understanding of Kant - possibly inherited from Rand herself.
>>
Here's a blog post I wrote about it 7 years ago

https://kilroydancefighter.wordpress.com/2009/05/06/atlas-shruggedbioshock-dual-review-pt-1/
>>
>>7806858
I think Rand wasn't a very good writer, but her ideas remain prescient and highly admirable in these times of creeping nanny state and unbridled cultural marxism. Her impassioned defense of personal freedom is more important than ever
>>
>>7807550
>capitalism
>personal freedom

The only true way to freedom is through the far left
>>
>>7807544
>Here's a blog post I wrote
Loser.
>>7807550
*tips*
>>
>>7807566
how could living in some shitty anarchist commune where everyone has to reach "consensus" ever lead to freedom? it would be completely oppressive since without a state to enact laws or contracts it all depends on social coercion and intense conformity
>>
>>7807575
How is letting yourself become a wage slave for somenbody richer than you supposed to be freedom?
>>
>>7807566
ever notice how the less developed a people's economy is the more backwards and oppressive their values and culture are? gee i wonder if there is causation to go with this correlation
>>
>>7807581
so don't let yourself be a wage slave to someone richer than you then, god stop being such a fucking baby, or take it to reddit
>>
>>7807581
Left Anarchist is the philosphy of the last man. Anarchocapitalism is the philosophy of the Superman. Leftists basically want comfort and the ability to do as they please. Make everyone become lgbtbbq faggots, give everyone the same shit regardless of actual work or abilities, as human race and western civilization quietly iwither into extinction.
>>
>>7807607

What does lgbt have to do with left/right anarchy?
>>
>>7807581
^ this. when people solely follow their self-interests without caring about the consequences that befall others, you end up creating a system that rewards sociopathic and psychopathic behavior, where greedy corporate owners can rape-fuck the population's majority.
>>
>>7807613
Ancaps claim to be about personal freedom, but they hate everything that isn't like them.
>>
>>7807613
cultural marxism as a self-destructive totalitarian ideology logically derived from leftist theory
>>
>>7807629

"cultural marxism" is a meaningless buzzword designed to make people's existence seem like a political act.
>>
>>7807634
Existence is an inherently political act.
>>
>>7807585
When the system you live in is designed to turn you into one, it's hard not to be.
>>
>>7807607
> butthurt merchant americlaps are the way to the overman
Fucking lmao you subhuman philistine
>>
>>7807703
>2016
>not being champion of capitalist

Stay poor, rope.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.