[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miserableness and greatness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1455056731887.jpg (287 KB, 788x872) Image search: [Google]
1455056731887.jpg
287 KB, 788x872
Do great, brilliant people tend to be miserable? If so; why?
>>
>>7805656
Define "great". Not trying to be a smartass, but I suspect that most "great" businessmen and career-men tend to be fulfilled by their occupations in a really single-minded sort of way.

As for artists, authors, intellectuals and (smart) comedians, there is something to be said about the correlation between depression and these pursuits. I personally think that these endeavors involve tackling the Big Questions in life, and being sincerely, acutely concerned with the world around you. It is apparently difficult to wrestle with these things and not become completely miserable.
>>
>>7805656
Because if you keep asking yourself questions, you'll never have answers.
We don't know what makes up everything, and I believe we will never know, especially if everything is infinite. Even if we were to discover the beginning of everything, we still won't be able to grasp the concept, naturally, nor will we know if we actually hit rock bottom.
Everything is a yes, no, and maybe. No definitive answer makes for no definitive base of reasoning to go towards everything, therefore.. we're fucked, not fucked, and maybe fucked. The world, beyond, and anything underneath is whatever we want it to be, f a m.
>>
>>7805656
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>7805678
Retarded me forgot to add at the beginning that the main reason as to why they tend to be miserable is essentially because they are too smart for their own good and fall in to despair.
>>
>>7805679
/lit/ - gettin' fucking lit
Philosophy can count as literature, which is written work(s), and we are typing.. so.. ;]
>>
>>7805675
>>7805678
That's good answers. I like the being concerned with the world round you part. I haven't thought about that.

>>7805679
I think this should be ok. I've seen philosophy here before. Besides, /his/ is just /pol/ by now.
>>
>>7805656
Everybody is unhappy with their lives.
>>
>>7805695
Destroying this board only really hurts retards like you who might have been encouraged to read something you've never encountered if you didn't get completely anally annihilated the first time you got called on having shit taste and dedicated your life to making bad posts
>>
File: @MELOL.png (121 KB, 200x232) Image search: [Google]
@MELOL.png
121 KB, 200x232
>>7805909
I never denied any offers?
>Shit taste
>it'scalledanopinion.jpg
>anally annihilated
I never showed an attitude, dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? Drink some water or take a nap..
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.