[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have there been any published books/memoirs/whatever about NEETs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Have there been any published books/memoirs/whatever about NEETs? I've been going through the "phase" for a few years and whilst I don't work (for now, in a few months I'll be helping a friend) I do keep a diary and what have you to talk about how I feel, what I think, and what I did.
>>
notes from underground
>>
>>7804913

That's fictional.
>>
>>7804978
Everything is fiction.
>>
>>7804909
My Twisted World. He was effectively a NEET for the last part of it I think.
>>
Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>7804986
he gets jobs though
>>
>>7804909

Look at any of the "superfluous man" novels in Russian lit (Oblomov, etc.). They're mostly in diary form. Also, Saul Bellow's first novel Dangling Man is a good, quick read.
>>
the windup bird chronicle
>>
>>7804909
Why'd you become a NEET though? I did it because i hated my job as an engineer and wanted to write. I quit and now can't fucking get out of the house.

Also, my diary is up for sale if you'd like.
>>
down and out in paris and london, obviously
>>
>>7804993
>Look at any of the "superfluous man" novels in Russian lit (Oblomov, etc.).

is revolution coming soon?
>>
>>7805009
I bid 5 tendies
>>
Writers aren't technically NEETs, are they?
>>
>>7805009

Well, my ex girlfriend broke up with me and things kind of spiraled out of control from there. I quit working with my friend who did painting, so I never went back. Five years later here I am. I've tried to get jobs before and even as recently as a few weeks ago, but it gets horribly disheartening when you're apparently not even good enough to stack boxes in a warehouse, yet there are always Mexicans or blacks doing it.

So, I've sought employment with my friend again doing landscaping so at least I won't be NEET for the summer.
>>
>>7805089
Only if they're getting paid for it. If you're writing your diary or are unpublished, you're still a NEET even if you're writing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.