[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a piece ever emotionally moved you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Sadness.jpg (12 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
Sadness.jpg
12 KB, 236x200
Has /lit/ ever had a piece of writing or poetry hit them hard?
I want to preface this by saying I only enjoy a certain type of poetry.

But after listening to a reading of 'Ozymandias' by P.B. Shelley, I'm really blown away. How such a deep and powerful message can be conveyed in a few short lines is truly remarkable. And the poem's message still stands today, as shown by Adolf Hitler's Germany and Communist Russia.

Has any piece ever emotionally moved you in such a way, /lit/?
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
File: Mein_Kampf_dust_jacket.jpeg.jpg (94 KB, 543x599) Image search: [Google]
Mein_Kampf_dust_jacket.jpeg.jpg
94 KB, 543x599
>>7804226
Mein kampf
>>
I wept when Holden made tender love to Phoebe, finally consumating their love, at the end of the book.
>>
>>7804226
The olde japanese poems deal with the theme way better than Shelley did.
>>
Sonya's monologue at the very end of Uncle Vanya brings me to tears almost every time I come back to it.
>>
>>7804226
>Has any piece ever emotionally moved you in such a way, /lit/?

Yes. Some years ago I read what was, to me, the most brilliant, passionate and cohesive piece of writing i have ever read. It was an ancient japanese work, called "Naruto". I really recommend it if you are able to enjoy good literature ;)
>>
File: Notsosweettransvestite.jpg (92 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
Notsosweettransvestite.jpg
92 KB, 736x414
>>7804418
Personally, I preferred the sequel: Shippuden. I've never seen a better epic saga and the fact that I only read an English translation just makes me crave to read the original even more. I can't recall a more well-paced piece of literature!
>>
>>7804365
such as?
>>
I once read a story about a 13-year-old girl who lost her best friend and most of her higher brain functioning when some guy attacked them. The story was told from the perspective of this guy who she had unrequited feelings for who ended up taking care of her out of sheer guilt, and shows him looking for signs in her scribbled drawings that she's still in there somewhere. He describes how the only noises she can make now are babyish gurgles and cries of pain, and how she keeps gesturing to things that remind her of the friend who died protecting her, forcing the POV character to cringe while reminding her he's gone and that it was him who told that friend to stand up for her.

The story ends with him poisoning her and rocking her to sleep one last time in his arms
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.