[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a good or bad thing to read more than one book at a time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1454080068928.jpg (35 KB, 728x505) Image search: [Google]
1454080068928.jpg
35 KB, 728x505
Is it a good or bad thing to read more than one book at a time? Do you guys do it?
>>
this picture is so upsetting

in answer to your question, i like to have one or more collections of short stories on the go as well as whatever longer work of fiction i'm reading. i can balance multiple narratives. i can even keep up with multiple television shows at once as well
>>
>>7804195
lol lion got rekt
>>
>>7804203
>i can even keep up with multiple television shows at once as well

I kekd
>>
>>7804203
its not real dingbat hahahha
>>
>>7804263
what
>>
>>7804275
It's a shoop. The lion is in for medical reasons.
>>
>>7804295
oh. that's good to know, thanks
>>
>>7804195

When I was a kid and most of what I read was easy-tier "here kid learn how to read" type stuff, I would often have more than one book going at a time. I can remember one time during school when I had like four different books going, maybe a narnia here, a John Bellairs there, and a goosebumps and I thought "damn, I'm reading a lot."

Later I read some /lit/ tier things for personal pleasure, and histories and philosophy and some STEM stuff for college. Unfortunately, after college I worked long hours, and between that and the internet there was a long period of my life where I barely read anything for pleasure that wasn't some internet article.

Happily I have been in NEET-dom for a time, and during this time I have re-learned how to read. I have found that it's nice to have more than one thing on the burner, again, as you're reading different things (which isn't hard), and it seems to be a bit more stimulating than just sticking with one thing. Cross-pollenate, a bit. There are like 2-4 unfinished things on my shelf with bookmarks in them at present.

I think once you're in the hang of it it's good to have two books going on, concurrently. Even if one is some difficult or unpleasant piece of autism that you are doing largely to be able to say that you did (Kant, Habermas, that type of thing is what I mean, and don't pretend like you don't read /partly/ for this reason, because you and I both know we do)
>>
>>7804195
i like to read an easy short book if i'm reading something difficult and long
>>
>>7804203
>>7804275
Why would the sign have a flipped image of itself printed on the opposite side?
>>
I restrict myself to only read two books simultaneously. If I read more than that I have a tendency of not finishing them all.
>>
>>7804275
I believe it's an MRI machine.
>>
>>7804195
there's only one way to get that in one take and that's to sharpie in the pooper and he'll be hollering come supper time. fuck it this is showbiz
>>
>>7804349

Same. Sometimes it's nice to break up that wall of text with something lighter, then I can come back to it feeling a little refreshed.
>>
>>7804195
>>7804203
>>7804215
>>7804263
>>7804275
>>7804295
>>7804332
>>7804357
>>7804774
I might just be tired, but the picture with this following conversation is hilarious
>>
>>7804195
I usually read one fiction and one non-fiction at a time. If I start a second fiction book or second non-fiction book, I'll usually end up not finishing the first, or waiting so long that I might as well start over again.

I'll often blast through a few short stories while reading a book though.
>>
I read multiple non-fiction books simultaneously all the time. With fiction I prefer to limit myself to just one at a time

Hope the lion wasn't hurt btw
>>
>>7805444
prolly photoshop. no conceivable reason that the mgm thing would need to be transparent, ie seen in reverse, like that
>>
>>7805520
It's a picture of a lion in a CT machine for a medical scan, someone photoshopped the MGM thing on it

Just google "CT machine lion" and you'll see pictures from the other side, too
>>
>>7805529
naw, its a promo for 50 shades of lion
wish someone would tie me up
RAWR
>>
>>7804195
I suppose it depends on you. I'm currently reading four.

Teaching as a Subversive Activity only when I poop.

The Sane Society on computer at work.

The Importance of Living and Appointment in Samara whenever I feel like it.

4 total, usually only read two per day.
>>
File: what is this.gif (2 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
what is this.gif
2 MB, 250x141
>>7804275
Happy first day on the internet anon
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.