[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you just remember the insecure teenager shit you submitted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: last will.jpg (30 KB, 369x292) Image search: [Google]
last will.jpg
30 KB, 369x292
>tfw you just remember the insecure teenager shit you submitted to your creative workshop class as a freshman in college
>>
>tfw people say its good and you wonder if they're bullshitting you or not

Thats when I learned to always be my best critique partner. People will almost always just sugarcoat because A) They want to be nice or B) They lack the knowledge themselves.
>>
>>7803828
yeah that's the point fucktard

you don't wake up and suddenly start writing good shit, you have to wade through an ocean of your bullshit first
>>
>>7804040
My stuff wasn't just shit though, it was extremely immature and embarassing while some of the other 18 years old had some actual good stuff.
>>
>>7803828
That's why I only ever submitted non-fiction or copied very obscure works. Sure, I knew my prose was disgusting at the time, but at least I wouldn't have to look back on half-assed plots and edgy characters.
>>
I wrote a piece about a doctor, a musician, a general and a politician in an air balloon debating about who has to jump and then the politician jumps but he lands on a mattress factory but he still dies because mattress factories actually have roofs and so the three others repent because he was the only one who could oppose another ruthless politician at the upcoming elections but their grief is resolved when it appears the politician would all have died anyway because the wind is blowing them towards the ocean and nobody knows where they are.
It ends with the three of them huddling around a lighter and sharing their last smoke with a hint of the new debate, who is going to get eaten.
>>
>>7804314
I'd read it.
>>
>>7804314
Sounds like a Looney Tunes episode kek
>>
>>7804485
Fuck you: the man who organised the writing workshop walled me a "promising young man"
I should have been careful of someone who got a prize from a women's magazine and I'm pretty sure fucked my MILF literature teacher.
>>
>>7804495
I didn't say it was bad my man, comedic short stories are in short supply.
>>
>>7804541
It's like if I wrote a deep song about time's fleeting nature" and it topped the chart as "best country album of summer 2016"
>>
>>7804558
>It's like if I wrote a deep song about time's fleeting nature" and it topped the chart as "best country album of summer 2016"

any one of you dorks would be lucky to write about the human condition as well as Willie Nelson
>>
File: 2414124.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2414124.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
>>7803828
>read one of my edgy poems aloud passionately
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.