[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inner Game of Fuckshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 41pSrBzymCL.jpg (30 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
41pSrBzymCL.jpg
30 KB, 328x500
What does /lit/ think of Inner Game of Tennis?

I am an actor and everyone I know is completely obsessed with this book. Any time someone has trouble on stage they bring it up. I read it and I thought it was all fucking bullshit.

I noticed the actors who have the most trouble tend to be the ones who read this book and take it seriously.
>>
>>7803199
yes, you're better than everyone OP, congrats.
>>
>>7803199
Not entirely related, but what made tennis the popular sport in the upper-middle class crowd?
>>
>>7803207
I know I am.

>>7803212
Well tennis is a very old sport that was originally played by the upper-class. In Henry V, the French king sent him tennis balls as an insult (or perhaps because the king was a lunatic at the time).

I bet they like it now because its a good social sport that you can somewhat leisurely play.
>>
>>7803212
Country club shit. Not as spendy as golf. Sporty, but not too sporty. French. The middle class (esp haute-bouge) love French shit.
>>
kys OP
>>
Looks like something DFW might enjoy. You should try sending him a copy everyone.
>>
"Just stop thinking and DO IT xD"

Seriously tho there's some interesting parallels with mindfulness based acceptance and commitment therapy.

The whole idea is to stop excessive and purposeless self-monitoring and anger.

Essentially, check your ego at the door and get the fuck out of the way of your brain.
>>
>>7805381
One pointedness?
There are better books to read about that, I am confident enough to say without having read the tennis book.

Beyond books though, yogas and meditations can really get the thing going.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.