[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is my writing get ridiculously worse and worse? This is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: journalist_1456449768.jpg (37 KB, 640x389) Image search: [Google]
journalist_1456449768.jpg
37 KB, 640x389
Why is my writing get ridiculously worse and worse?

This is how I wrote a month ago
>you just can’t help but feel like you should lie down on your favorite chair next to the fire sipping a mug of coffee that was made the way grandma used to, and once in a while staring out the window to see rain drops and listening to a favorite Woody Allen soundtrack while watching The Accidental Tourist under your childhood blanket.

This is how I do these days
>The term “Big Bang” was coined in 1949 in a BBC Radio broadcast and since then, it’s been referred to many times in pop-culture, then came some guy named Chuck Lorre who misleads people to think for a living that The Big Bang Theory is a mediocre sitcom about a bunch of awkward geeks sitting around discussing about Doctor Who.
>>
Rewriting is the key to writing
>>
>>7803343
This. If you become dissatisfied after a single run-on sentence, how will you ever make it to the end of your GREAT NOVEL?
Why don't you start by writing one-page fables involving monkeys and birds?
>>
They are both high school tier tb h
>>
>>7803118
Quit. You have nothing to say.
>>
>>7803118
Hint: they are both terrible.
>>
>>7805114
I'm not saying OP is good at writing, but you're being such a joke. Everything requires practice, you don't just quit on something if you *want* to continue.. You have so much elitism I thought we were on /mu/.
>>
>>7803118
Neither of these mean anything to me, or conjure any image whatsoever. You need adjectives son. That and content.
>>
>>7803118
You clearly have nothing to say. Just stop writing.
>>
Both examples are pretty shoddy familia, although the second is aggressively worse.
>>
>>7805508
>>7805851
Doesn't matter how much he improves without anything to say.
>>
>>7803118

Stop namedropping, writing like that is terrible.
Describe the sound of the music instead of saying listening to "artist".
I know Donna Tartt, Woody Allen and BEE writes like that but it doesn't work them either.
>>
>>7803118
both of these are awful
>>
Because Modernity Family.
>>
The second is better, they are both shit tho. Try describing something that happened to one of your friends, I think it can make for great practice
>>
>>7803118
These are both terrible.

Read them both aloud on vocaroo the way you hear them in your head and post the link. I'll bet even you can't read them.
>>
>>7807801
>My friend was bullied severely. He was one of the weaker and nicer ones like myself. Once in a while, the other kid crossed the line, and the last thing my friend knew was getting suspended by the authorities. It was unfair and all of our class knew it, but money is more than often not enough for most people, so teachers couldn’t do anything about the bullying. So he suffered without telling anyone, not even his parents. One day he came home with a broken leg. His parents asked what was wrong but as usual, his lips were sealed. Didn’t say a goddamn word. They insisted. He told them. And they were pissed. So pissed that they took the bully one and beat him. Like an animal. My friend was bullied no more.

Thoughts? I'm not a native English speaker, so I guess that accounts for something.
>>
>>7803118
Just read it out like you'd read it to an audience. First one is okay to read but feels empty and boring. Second one feels like my tongue is falling down a flight of stairs.
>>
>>7810373
This is even worse. Please what are you doing.
>>
>>7810380
I'm being a failed writer.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.