[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most /lit/erary physical sensation? I'd say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: AFpGcY1.gif (214 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
AFpGcY1.gif
214 KB, 500x371
What is the most /lit/erary physical sensation? I'd say biting off a piece of silver filling.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 285x298
>>7802345
>>
walking home alone after a socially exhausting event
>>
the coffee shits
>>
Getting a papercut on the end of my dick
>>
Masturbatory orgasm
>>
cumming at the last page of a book when you've finished it
>>
>>7802345
Getting up to piss in the middle of the night and walking into the side of the door, separating your shoulder and lying in agony until morning.
>>
Realizing that the basic ontology of everything is sexual, the absolute filling the void, the void consuming the absolute, and seeing that this pattern is repeated fractally in every facet of reality.
>>
File: 1447199890619s.jpg (7 KB, 249x215) Image search: [Google]
1447199890619s.jpg
7 KB, 249x215
>>7802579
i like this feel
>>
Dropping a book on your foot
Or paper cut
>>
>>7802345

When your mother wants to see you, but you tell her you're too tired, and that crushing feeling of guilt you feel in your stomach.
>>
>>7802345
Curling your fingers around a matchstick on a rainy day and lighting a cigarette.
>>
>>7803551
Ooh fuck. You got me. Almost as bad as the regret of things left unsaid for me.
>>
It's definitely when you have a cold and you pick the wrong tissue.
>>
Going to the grocery store in the middle of the day and trying to hide the fact that you're paying with a food stamp card.
>>
>>7802345
The sound of rain upon roof tiles, of seagulls overhead, of a train whistle miles away in the night.
>>
>>7802579
>>7803562
Accurate
>>
>>7802594

this is so true actually
>>
>>7802594
I'm living the literary life
>>
>>7802345
at night, standing alone under a street light in the rain

distant cat wailing optional
>>
what kind of meal is bitter but nutritive

eating that
>>
>>7802345
Waking up the morning after an bad event, like an breakup or the death of a relative and feeling the rising sensation of the pressure on your chest.
>>
Spilling a cup of piping hot coffee on my crotch
>>
being up all night during the midnightsun
lying beside a camp fire
when the fish bites
hallucinating during a fever
finishing reading a book
>>
getting hit by a car
>>
contracting syphilis
>>
>>7804163

most accurate answer
true for good books at least
>>
Somehow going home with a girl but not managing to get hard and blaming it on 'whiskey dick' then later in the night regretting it and spooning her fat ass with your semi erect cock
>>
>>7804220
>going home with a girl

Fuck off normie
>>
>>7804333
Welcome to a board that's not /r9k/. Enjoy your stay
>>
>>7802579
Does anybody else get that weird feeling when you go home after a loud exciting party? You sit in silence and feel a strange mix of loneliness, satisfaction and comfiness?
>>
>>7804350

In this situation I feel all that could have happened but didn't
>>
That feeling after you complete something and the excitement / feeling of 'in the moment' glory ends.

The sort of feeling where you stare at your hands for about an hour or more

that is what /lit/ is. why we suffer fail and succeed all at the same time. A stripped clean version of our motivation to not kill ourselves but to instead toil.
>>
>>7804220
>tfw multiple ONS and havent been able to cum
Will i become the new DFW lads?
>>
>>7804463
I change my mind. those moments are too rare, or contrived.

I would say after a successful night of partying and getting drunk, and having a good time, going home and being existentially unable to cope with the fact that your epicurean life choices for that night have helped you in no way, and you've wasted your time. Thoughts you know would totally not exist if you found someone to go home with, but linger nonetheless
>>
>>7804562
>Thoughts you know would totally not exist if you found someone to go home with

This is the meaning of life right there folks
>>
>>7804598
for male 20-somethings at the very least, yes. 100 percent no doubt in my heart or mind
>>
>>7802345
The texture of a page when you lightly pinch the corner as you turn it
>>
>>7804350
I feel a sense of regret and self-loathing, in spite of the fact that I was having some fun during the time I was there.
>>
When you don't shower for several days, and you jizz in your underwear/PJs a few times so the jizz stays in your crotch, and when you've worked up a sweat a few times, and then after all this you rub your finger in that spot between your balls and your thigh, and you sniff your finger and get that glorious, yet revolution, gross yet magnetically compelling, sweaty smelly cheesy crotch stank
>>
That moment when you get out of the blissfully warm, safe shower and you get assaulted by cold as fuck air. It's like reality comes crashing back down.
>>
When you feel the sun on your face for the first time in a few days after not leaving the house for a while.
>>
>>7802345

the few seconds right after you wake up, but before you process where you are
>>
>>7804646

Reminds me of this line from Gatsby:

>Now it was a cool night with that mysterious excitement in it which comes at the two changes of the year.

There really is something magical about fall/spring coming. It feels like a rebirth of sorts.
>>
peeling off the skin from a sunburn
>>
>>7804115
Spinach
>>
>>7804629
>>7804426
You guys are depressing. What could have gone so wrong? I really am starting to believe the 'stupid people are happier'/'ignorance is bliss' thing
>>
>>7804350
I know this feel all too well, friend.
>>
Going to the supermarket on a Friday night because because you want to eat cereal and hiding from all the drunk people.
>>
>>7804350

No, because I usually wake up with vomit on my coat and just start drinking again
>>
>>7804562
Drunk partying is not Epicurean, start with the Greeks.
>>
becoming short of breath and covered in sweat at the thought of your existence to the point where you physically injure yourself
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.