[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Similar thread was started before but it died out. Post easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7
File: tao-te-ching[1].jpg (431 KB, 1000x1534) Image search: [Google]
tao-te-ching[1].jpg
431 KB, 1000x1534
Similar thread was started before but it died out.

Post easy to read "philosophy" books that are very entry-level (do not require prior knowledge).

Pic related, will post more below.

This is to help those interested in "philosophy" but intimidated by the dedication most guides for "getting into it" call for.

Pic related.
>>
File: 71+a78mxTVL[1].jpg (189 KB, 825x1275) Image search: [Google]
71+a78mxTVL[1].jpg
189 KB, 825x1275
Tao Te Ching I would highly recommend, the following I would too if you liked the former.

You might want to skip this one if you find it too intimidating though, but it shouldn't be too difficult either.
>>
Pic related serves as a great introduction to Buddhism, but if you're not the kind to enjoy theology, then do skip it.

Still, it would make your bookshelf look exotic to most plebians.
>>
File: In%20The%20Buddha's%20Words[1].jpg (83 KB, 640x968) Image search: [Google]
In%20The%20Buddha's%20Words[1].jpg
83 KB, 640x968
>>7802336
Woops.
>>
File: 9780140449334[1].jpg (914 KB, 1460x2244) Image search: [Google]
9780140449334[1].jpg
914 KB, 1460x2244
Pic related is probably the most common "philosophy" book known about to the average person.

Many modern analytics would consider it chicken soup for the soul more than philosophy, but I doubt they would deny that it's some bretty good soup.
>>
File: 97411[1].jpg (100 KB, 312x475) Image search: [Google]
97411[1].jpg
100 KB, 312x475
Who would have thought a dead white male from one or two millenniums ago could have made me cry so much?
>>
>Tao Te Ching

>easy

Confirmed for pleb level reading.
>>
If you consider Eastern phil and most Hellenistic schools to be handwavey bullshit, pic related might better suit you.

If you never liked math pic related and modern analytic philosophers in general will seem like autistic fuckery in material form.
>>
>>7802346
Most books in philosophy (including the Republic and probably any other book you can recommend) will have a great amount of depth to them.

Tao Te Ching does to, and the reader can return to it, but think of the average /lit/ NEET or wagecuck for a second, he probably has a lot to gain from a cursory reading too.

The surface of things conveys the essence of things.
>>
File: Zen and.jpg (22 KB, 309x499) Image search: [Google]
Zen and.jpg
22 KB, 309x499
Was never much into strictly philosophical books, but I own pic related. Should I read it?
>>
>>7802355
I know I was just trying to start an argument
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.