[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tao Lin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Tao.png (440 KB, 661x435) Image search: [Google]
Tao.png
440 KB, 661x435
You are seated in an office in front of Tao Lin who is asking you for a plot for his new novel and possibly a few tips to help him improve his prose. What do you tell him?
>>
>>7801415
Show him my diary 2bh
>>
Am I surrounded by heads and bodies?
>>
All right man, so here it is. Now it's not fully formed but like its got the ideas they're. Get it. 'Course ya do. Anyway so it centers...right...centers itself on this religious group. But like it ain't a normal religious group. It's these nomadic group of people that happen to have chosen a life outside the norm. They just wanted to get high really. Get high and no responsibility. And who needs to be responsible in an automated world worked out by artificial intelligence, right? No one, right? Of course. It almost makes sense to rail a line of ambien and drive your mobile-home roaring with good friends burning good buds.
So we did that.
We kept the Bonsai Bus parked off road surrounded by trees. It's a sweet space, really. It was three of us, this particular time. In this particular place. That'll make more sense later. So...me, Rando, and Niece were under the makeshift awning we had connected to the bus. Night crept through our bullshitting.
Niece went into the bus and came back out with a plush owl. Rando lost it at the sight of the thing. He shouted at it "The Owl, man. The Owl." He grabbed the thing from poor Niece, she didn't like that so much. "The Natives," said Rando. His voice got deep. "Worshiped these Gods..." Ya man heavy. Niece went back to sitting down. Giving up on the antics all together. Rando began decorating. I guess I helped...haphazardly.We had lights, mood lighting, right. Made some faerie rings in the mud. It was kinda cool.
We about finished things up and Niece wasn't seeming so hot. It don't ever get too bad anymore but still no one wants the heavy. She seemed like she really was gonna catch it.
That's all I got so far
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
File: happen.jpg (16 KB, 300x337) Image search: [Google]
happen.jpg
16 KB, 300x337
star in an adult film with Mira
>>
Yo what up asian Matt. I don't know who you are and you look pretty young. So I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say you suck at writing. The first thing you should do is introduce yourself to me and tell me wtf it is you do. We shall go from there.
>>
>>7801615
Paul doesn't smoke weed
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
A guy spends a year living in his friends apartment leaving only to shoplift from wholefoods. a slice of life type book that climaxes when his friend commits suicide over the main character stealing his girlfriend
>>
Anyone who he'd be worth consulting would first give his fee. I'd think $300/hour would be reasonable. He's smart enough not to take any advice offered for free because anyone who does that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Come to think of it, 96% of the people here don't know what they're talking about. So when giving my fee, I'd say, "I'm not one of those people from 4 chan."
>>
>>7801769
>implying you wouldn't be the one paying Tao to be in his presence
>>
>>7801415
Go to bed, Tao
>>
I would tell him to learn something from these two women writers: https://medium.com/prostitute-laundry/there-s-no-spectrum-of-nuance-for-why-people-might-expose-themselves-849ec3fd21be#.yppzep544
>>
I just Googled who this guy is. His books have terrible reviews. Why would he ever be brought up here?
>>
File: le_autistic_chinaman.png (91 KB, 722x536) Image search: [Google]
le_autistic_chinaman.png
91 KB, 722x536
>>7802998
He's a meme
>>
What are his books about ?
The only thing I know he's asian and his book looks like that one book of world recors
>>
>>7803025
Lmao it does!

What a stupid chink
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.