[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else prefers Levin's story to Anna's? Also what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1000x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1000x642
Who else prefers Levin's story to Anna's?
Also what do you think of the casting for him?
>>
>>7800595
that is the way tolstoy irl has asked his wife's hand
>>
>>7800595

the casting was bad: Levin is described as robust and strong, and the actor, altough he is tall, is quite thin and has a face that expresses something of a fragile levity.
>>
File: war-and-peace-2015.jpg (36 KB, 284x208) Image search: [Google]
war-and-peace-2015.jpg
36 KB, 284x208
Check out "War and Peace" adaptation by the BBC. Great casting. Sticks to the book nicely. It rushes through the book a bit I must admit.
>>
>>7800725
I was a fan of this, but I hadn't read the book. It actually convinced me to pick it up.
>>
>>7800725
>not watching the 7 hours long Soviet film
>>
I would have liked to discuss the book in school and see how itd turn out,especially what girls would have to say

This book redpilled me before I even knew what that meant
>>
Needed more dog POV chapters to be honest.
>>
>>7800709
I would have cast Hugh Jackman instead
>>
It would’ve been the perfect role for Patrick Bateman.
>>
>>7800595
>Who else prefers Levin's story to Anna's?
I put off reading Anna Karenina for a long time because I was reluctant to read a book about a woman. I'm glad I did read it finally. All those parts with Levin working on his farm and hunting with his dog. Vronsky was alpha as fuck too. Much better than expected.
>>
File: Inherent-Vice-Joaquin-Pho-010.jpg (78 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Inherent-Vice-Joaquin-Pho-010.jpg
78 KB, 620x372
>>7802896

>i was reluctant to read a book about a woman
>>
The Levin parts were the only good ones in the entire book.
>>
Stiva is my Anna Karenina husbando
>>
>>7800595

Only vapid people prefers anna's story.
>>
Everyone prefers Levin because he's a deeper character
>>
>>7800595
>boring ass people falling in love
no.
the only good part of that novel was him mowing the grass.
>>
fuck yes levin is the best part
>>
And Kitty is more interesting then Anna (more subtle)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.