[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read the intros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Do you read the intros?
>>
Not often, and even then only after reading whatever it is they're introducing. They have a nasty habit of spoiling novels.
>inb4 reading for plot hurrdurr
>>
almost always
>>
If you don't like reading intros then you're not interested in perspectives on literature and are therefore an amateur reader.
>>
>>7800206
you are correct

you're also about to get a bunch of 19 yr old community college dropouts who are gonna tell you about how academia and critcism is a spook and
>can't form your own opinions
>reading others thoughts kek
etc.
>>7800177
>reading for plot
Tribune of the Plebs
>>
I read them after or before depending on content.

I find it best to read after if it's an analysis.
>>
>>7800206
I don't read them because authors tend to ramble too much or dedicate too much space to irrelevant topics
>>
>>7800240
>ramble too much
>irrelevant topics

yes i'm sure you're very qualified to determine that

fucking kek
>>
>>7800164
Last time I read an intro, some fuckwit spoiled the ending on the 3rd line.

How the fuck can editors be THAT stupid?
>>
>>7800252
What would qualify someone to have an opinion?
>>
>>7800177
>>7800256

>people unironically reading for plot

>>7800258
years of scholarship and research, which editors and intro writers generally tend to have
>>
>>7800164
When was the last time you read an informative intro? Translators' notes, yes, but the paid and largely irrelevant perspective of a lesser mind is the last thing I need before or after getting into the sort of work that could deserve secondary reading
>>
Like >>7800177 I only read them after reading a story since I don't like spoilers. They are worthwhile to me when I go for a second reading.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.