[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the pros and cons to audiobooks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tommy wiseau.jpg (16 KB, 480x376) Image search: [Google]
tommy wiseau.jpg
16 KB, 480x376
What are the pros and cons to audiobooks?
>>
i would imagine it depends on the tone of the speaker

ive never used audio books, also interested
>>
Pro: Read while you're not reading
Con: Not really reading when you do read
>>
Audiobooks make me angry and I'm really comfy right now, so I'm not going to touch this one.
>>
pro: hand and eyes free
con: ears not free
>>
>>7800137
My son loves audiobooks. Listens to them all the time.

For me I've tried it but didn't like it. Driving along, listening and something happens (car pulling out, people crossing the street) and suddenly I've lost the flow of the book.
>>
Pro: ideal for driving or if you can listen and do work. Or if you are outside.

Con: you will wonder why you aren't just reading the book in situations where you can just read the book.

Audiobooks just don't remain in my memory as long as reading does.
>>
For me it's an exercise in focus. You get used to being able to live in the world that's being read to you and most phone-based readers have a "skip back 30 seconds" button if you're really lost.

I found McCarthy great on audiobook. Writers like Pynchon or DeLillo are nigh on impossible for me. YMMV.
>>
pro: it's fun

con: it's expensive
>>
>>7800328
audiobookbay.cc
>>
Pros: you can use time more effectively and 'read' much more than you usually would have. I honestly audiobook more than I actually read these days since it's impossible to read when tired due to eye strain, but audiobooks migrate that.
Cons it works as long as you give it attention. So don't pick pomo. I just finished some Hayek and it functioned perfectly well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.