[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read with a dictionary open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Dictionary.png (201 KB, 1000x682) Image search: [Google]
Dictionary.png
201 KB, 1000x682
or when do you look up a word?
>>
Not in English but that's because I'm American.

If I'm reading French I can't get very far without looking up words, but in that case I look things up online.
>>
>>7799750
I use my phone for the dictionary. It's great because it's so much faster to look up words on my phone, plus if needed I can look at images to get a better idea of the word. The downside is I can sometimes get distracted and end up on 4chan for a few minutes before going back to my reading.
>>
>>7799865
>Not in English but that's because I'm American.
What are you reading that has no words of which you are unsure the meaning of?
>>
Why is she eating a cheeseburger?
>>
>>7799865
What online dictionaries do you use? The French Wiktionary is pretty good.
>>
No because I'm literate
>>
>>7799750
reading a lot of fantasy a lot of building terminologies and clothing types will evade me but I'm lazy as shit and would just end up making up my own scene/descriptions in my mind anyways so I don't even bother

Most of the time I don't run across many words outside of that that I don't know.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.