[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are some good black authors who don’t talk about muh racism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1454535035801.jpg (86 KB, 759x811) Image search: [Google]
1454535035801.jpg
86 KB, 759x811
Who are some good black authors who don’t talk about muh racism
>>
the fresh prince of bel-air novelisation
>>
Who are some good /lit/ posters who don't post about muh
>>
File: 1449969288638.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449969288638.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>7799550
>Who are some good black authors
>>
>>7799550
He doesnt talk about muh racism in his books, just avoid his facebook feed. He is basically a liberal version of your fox news uncle.

Book of Night Women, John Crow's Devil, and Brief History of Seven Killings are all really fucking good.

Also I read The Fishermen by Obioma, and that shit didnt touch on white people once.
>>
What are some good parallel universes that don't include muh racism
>>
>>7799588
>The liberal version of your fox news uncle
Go on...
What do you mean?
>>
>>7799613
Posting outrageous news stories that are full of bias, cherry picking extremist blogs as a legit source of news, baiting those with a differing opinion then him, and attacking/disallowing comments from those he disagrees with.

Basically he is in a fucking bubble of well educated blacks, mostly from Africa and Commonwealth states, and talks about oppression militantly (despite being an internationally recognized award winning author who has made his fortune from presumably white males reading his hyper violent books). He isnt an SJW, he's closer to Black Panther in ideology albeit he tends to use sarcasm more than actual calls to revolution.

This doesnt detract from his amazing books though.
>>
James Baldwin is a great black writer. He does talk about racism, but he's smart about it and doesn't seem overly political. He was also a homosexual. His stuff is never >muh racism but more about just being different and struggling to fit in and I think his work is relatable even if you are straight and white.
>>
>>7799629
Having nutty, nonsensical political and philosophical views is practically a prerequisite for being a great writer.
>>
>>7799643
Yeah its best not to follow them and take their works at face value.

He is writing a Viking adventure in medieval Mali right now, and I am pretty excited for it.
>>
but slavery narratives and racial oppression (and the fighting thereof) are very important to the development of black people in America and black literature as a whole.

that being said, while it still (if briefly) talks about race stuff, A Rage in Harlem by Chester Himes is a good story
>>
anyone remember the black author who basically wrote a book about how black people are actually hurting themselves more than actual racism is.

that the black community saying they need all these special benefits and getting them is actually racist
>>
>>7799682
Bill Cosby has been saying that shit for years
>>
i feel like this is why i was never taught black lit in high school. white teachers and students were uncomfortable reading and talking about racism and oppression. It's a shame too there's lots of good stuff
>>
>>7799682
Reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII
>>
>>7799689
We read Beloved in a mostly white high school. No one was really uncomfortable, but we did giggle a bit about the part where Paul D talks about fucking cows and things like "Stamp Paid" being a name.
>>
Who are some good OPs who don’t talk about muh faggot
>>
>>7799689
what kind of a gay ass high school did u go to? some queer southern shit for faggots?
>>
>>7799770
We never read anything by a clack here in California
>>
>>7799654
>viking adventure in medieval Mali
ah, the famous "dartboard" method to choosing your next book's topic
>>
>>7799810
I'm going to write a book about Medieval surfers who smoke dank dark ages dope.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.