[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well im finishing this and i did not enjoyed it, why the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: descarga.jpg (15 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
15 KB, 181x278
Well im finishing this and i did not enjoyed it, why the fuck do you guys praise this? Ok, its quite funny at times but thats all.

The first third was good, the second was mediocre and the third was fucking terrible.
>>
>>7798866
>im
>did not enjoyed
>its
>thats

epin xD

back to /r9k/, faggot

>>>/r9k/

Anime and 'vidya' is probably more your speed
>>
>>7798870
Perhaps English isn't his first language?
>>
>>7798873
If he doesn't even comprehend the language, then he shouldn't share his shite opinions
>>
I mean it's no masterpiece or anything but like you said it was funny at least. Also ignatius represents the stereotypical 4channer so of course that's what makes him so popular. do I think it should have won a Pulitzer? No. But it has value none-the-less
>>
>>7798870
>>7798873
It's my fourth language actually. Anyway i wrote my first post in a hurry so sorry about that.
>>
>>7798870
oh no how could you possibly understand what he was saying since he missed those apostraphes

>>>/reddit/
>>
I too read it, I think you have to be a American to really like it. It was funny in times (especially the work situation), but it's absolutely forgettable.

>>7798926
>apostraphes

Leave /lit/, I think your undergrad classes are commencing.
>>
>>7798926
>buttblasted frog faggot detected
>>
>finds it quite funny at times
>did not enjoy it
what? what would it take for you to enjoy a book? If i found a book funny i would certainly say i at least enjoyed it. I dont think anyone here is calling it an amazing work of literature but it is at least enjoyable
>>
>>7798866

It's funny from start to finish. Get fucked. Best novel ever.

I bet you really buy into the academic view on novels. You know they're just pumping themselves up to get more money from their schools, right? Novels do not explore the human soul. They do not deal in truth. They're not useful cultural tools. They are meant to be read and enjoyed and that's it.
>>
>>7798936
thats a good point, perhaps its just an American thing.
>>
>>7798936
>I too read it, I think you have to be a American to really like it

What a load of shit
t. Dane who cried with laughter throughout the entire thing
>>
>>7798936
should I be using some other sort of meme word for this symbol --> ' ?
>>
Meme books for meme readers
>>
>>7798870
dropping apo'strophe's in a 'setting like 4chan i's not a big deal.
(neither i's adding extra's)
>>
Maybe because it's American.

I've tried to read Moby Dick so many times and it's boring and poorly written to the point where I can't get through the beginning. I just keep thinking, "Shut the fuck up, Ishmael", but he won't, so I ended up shutting the book.
>>
>>7798866
>i did not enjoyed it
>so why do you guys like it

Your taste will not directly align with /lit/. Some people will love it, others will hate it, and others will think it's good but overrated. That's the nature of art.
>>
>>7799531
Lol...
>>
>>7799531
>shut up
>up shutting

poetic
>>
Truthfully speaking, I think it maintains a level amount of "goodness" throughout the book. Its only the characters I grew tired of, especially Ignatius.
>>
>>7798876
except Ignatius is not /pol/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.