[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyberpunk!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: ze6132Z.jpg (516 KB, 1834x1440) Image search: [Google]
ze6132Z.jpg
516 KB, 1834x1440
Do you know some good cyberpunk books? I need megacities ruled by megacorporations, neon signs, noir and hard boiled atmosphere, etc.
I have read "Neuromancer"and... I did not like it. It's nice, okay, but I hate the Gibson's style. Snow Crash is funny, but I LOVED "Altered Carbon", "Player One" (don't hate me), and the "Marid Audran series".
I need something like "Johnny Mnemonic" (the movie), "Matrix", "Nirvana" and the "Deux Ex Series".
>>
File: Tfw no vapor.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Tfw no vapor.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>>7798513

>Tfw I'm considering writing an 80s-style cyberpunk work once I'm finished with my current work
>>
>>7798513

Why don't you read an actual good book?
>>
File: 144209796711.gif (2 MB, 680x759) Image search: [Google]
144209796711.gif
2 MB, 680x759
>>7798520
>>
lainchan org/lit/res/2273.html

lots of ""hacker"" manuals in there, but there's some good cyberpunk fiction if you dig through it
>>
Moar?
>>
Neal Stephenson - The Meme Age.
Is a good star
>>
You're making me suddenly want to read something cyberpunk. You might as well try Neuromancer.

>>7798633
Time to dive in.
>>
>>7799133
He said in the OP that he's already read Neuromancer and didn't like it.
>>
Max Barry writes some good light sci-fi corporate satire. Jennifer Government is the most sci-fi, Company is a non-sci-fi corporate satire, and Lexicon is a sci-fi story with not very much corporate stuff.
>>
>>7799139
Sorry I'm at work and my co-workers fucking run their mouths the entire time and my reading and retention is shit as a consequence.
>>
>>7798520
>>7798526
Where does the part outside the window come from?
>>
If you're okay with reading comic books, some of the best ones are cyberpunk. Transmetropolitan, Judge Dredd, Akira, Hard Boiled.

If not, read Philip K. Dick.
>>
>>7799389
oh and Ghost in the Shell and the Incal

tb.h cyberpunk is best conveyed through visual media like film and comics
>>
>>7798513
topwewpleb.mkv
>>
>>7798513
With you there, op. Didn't like neuromancer or snow crash. Has anyone read any of those shadow run books? I'd assume they are cyberpunkish.
>>
>>7799395
Neuromancer was all about flickering the visual imagination via poetic prose. It's one of the few novels that handled descriptions of phosphenic experience well.

The imaginative mind is the best visual medium of all.
>>
>>7799389

I second Transmetropolitan , this shit is cash.
>>
> I hate the Gibson's style

Thats just unreasonable.

>>7799395
>tb.h cyberpunk is best conveyed through visual media like film and comics

But thats wrong
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.