[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books that can turn a man Catholic. Please share them. I desire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Monastery_Garments-Cloister.jpg (582 KB, 1600x1516) Image search: [Google]
Monastery_Garments-Cloister.jpg
582 KB, 1600x1516
Books that can turn a man Catholic. Please share them. I desire to move into a monastery within a year or two. The monastic live is a thing of beauty, the one noble lifestyle left in the West. I'm entirely sincere when I claim that it is the only sane way to live in a Kali Yuga. So yes, Catholics, hit me up with the best you've got - it has become a matter of spiritual life and death.
>>
Les Misérables
Then read Notre Dame de Paris to lose said catholicism all over again
>>
NEW SUN
E
W

S
U
N
>>
Lolita
>>
>>7796633
>lifestyle of men exiled to the church by their families because all the land is going to their Chad older brother who will become a noble
>noble lifestyle
It's literally the opposite.
>>
>>7796724
>Chad
pls anon, spare me
>>
Any book by Jean-Paul Sartre

Nietzsche is pretty good too on the subject
>>
>>7796709

>catholic
>lolita

kek'd
>>
>>7796633
Autistic prayer routine in between microwave meals.

It's pretty much the NEET life with a different waifu.
>>
Everything by Flannery O'Connor
St Augustine's Confessions
FLANNERY O'CONNOR
The Divine Milieu by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
FLANNERY FUCKING O'CONNOR
>>
The brothers Karamazov
>>
>>7796724
But the decadence.
>>
>>7796741
When people will understand.
>>
>>7796633

Catholic here,
Interesting that you've determined which lifestyle is the "noble" one before you've lived it. That you decided the answer before tackling the question.

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>7796771

I went to dinner in a monastery once
It wasn't exactly decadent.
They kept singing catholic songs
There was some kind of very catholic couple in their thirties, the kind who needs to loosen up,they asked me if I was married and then told me to get married once I said I wasn't.
damn
but the food was good and the monks seemed happy
>>
>>7796779
This, go spend a week in a monestary, OP. If you don't have a sincere calling you're not going to make it. Withoutvthat it's just an endless dreary routine, no matter which Italo-Tibetan meme futurist traditionalist tiger conservation cripple you follow.
>>
>>7796633

You do know the monasteries are where they rape kids right?
>>
>>7796789
The monks were happy because it was the only day of the year where they were allowed to have small talk.
>>
>>7796633
>Books that can turn a man Catholic.

Is not how it works. God send to us His Son not a stupid book.
Only the example can turn someone catholic.
Btw there are a lot of good Catholic books out there, but only a baka can turn Catholic because of them.

tr;dl the presupposition of your question is invalid
>>
Not the bible, that's for sure.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.