[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup gents. Finished White Noise recently, plowing through pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 326x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 326x499
Sup gents. Finished White Noise recently, plowing through pic related and my copy of Mao II is in the mail. After that, where do I go? Straight to Underworld?
>>
>>7796476
The Angel Esmeralda for some short stories.
>>
>>7796554
I've been on a short story kick lately and was wondering if his were good. Thanks!
>>
>>7796476

End Zone might be of interest for background on Eschaton.
>>
>>7796634
I wanted to read that one because it's supposed to be his most light-hearted.
>>
Why do you ha ve libra in the pic but then its not one of the choices? Libra is great
>>
>>7796801
I'm reading it now my man
>>
>>7796811
Oooooo. Haha you even said it. I m dum. A
>>
>>7796801
he said he's reading it now

>>7796476
I really like Falling Man but I think I'm in the minority there. Have yet to read anything by him that didn't impress me.
>>
>>7796819
Have you read Point Omega? Seem interesting, more like a novel of ideas than anything else.
>>
Cmon lads let's talk DeLillo
>>
>>7796867
I read Point Omega. It was the first thing I read by him. I loved it. It bothered me for a while after I read it.
>>
>>7797689
I was thinking about getting it instead of Libra. I'll check it out, but probably after Underworld.
The Names seems interesting, anyone read that one?
What would everyone say DeLillo's weakest novel is?
>>
>>7796476
>r
Running dog is honestly my fav. Delillo book and he is my #1 author.

Save the names for one of your last delillo's otherwise its'll just spoil the rest of his oeuvre for you
>>
>>7797702
weakest novel so far is probably Cosmopolis, it's just kinda slow and not really engaging to me.
>>
>>7797864
>>7797869
I'll check that one out and stay away from Cosmopolis... Anyone care for Ratner's Star? Sounds pretty interesting, although I have very little knowledge in math.
>>
>>7796554
>>7796559
skip angel esmeralda, it's the ending to underworld

just read underworld, then move onto the names and players
>>
>>7797702
I read The Names. Its not as good as WN, but I enjoyed it, specially because he talks about Shining Path and I'm Peruvian. But I know that's bias. Still, good read.
>>
>>7797702
get libra instead, it's his most perfect
>>
Underworld was a big disappointment for me. I really like it at concept level but the content itself was muddy and lukewarm and I ended up feeling like he really just wanted to make a period piece about the 50s but he was worried about looking sentimental and nostalgic and uncool so he dressed it up with all this pomo framing, making it something it's not. And it was a mistake making the "main" character that 2 dimensional fuck Nick.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.