[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to write for a short story contest by university association.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1457074713095.jpg (88 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1457074713095.jpg
88 KB, 480x479
Trying to write for a short story contest by university association. price is 2000$

theme is

>Wild

What do you guys think of it ?
>>
>>7796125

wild as the adjective, not the wild like nature or something although it's related
>>
>>7796125
Write about how a lvl 20 nub got led into the wildy for a drop party, but then got attacked by a group of lvl 80s wearing rune armor.
>>
wish my uni had one of those, it would help me to write more
>>
>>7796125
Good Luck.

That's a lot of money in India.
>>
>>7796246
I'll give you 1000$ if i decide your story was good enough
>>
>>7796199

Im keeping the idea of a young guy being led in the woods for a party
>>
it also brings up images of violence, roughness...
>>
Ok I found it

I'm going to write about that
>>7796350

while playing in the "undomesticated" sense of wild and also on nature itself becoming a metaphor of the young people's non-conformism
>>
It's not such a challenge, I checked the winners from the last two years and its not that good
>>
>>7796269
give me a theme
>>
>>7796649
the deep part of a homeless niggers asshole
>>
>>7796657

lel
>>
>>7796125
Can I enter? I'm not a very good writer, but I could definitely use $2000 (or £1400.34, rather).
>>
>>7796199
why would they gank a lvl20? nubs.
>>
where did u get that creepy deer pic op? i have it too

can't even post it it's so duplicate
>>
Personally I'd go at it from an enivornmental angle. Nature isn't 'wild' anymore because we fuck with it. Whether we save animals or nuke them, it's nature as influenced by people so it reflects society's values.

Maybe talk about wolves. There's a town somewhere that's on the border of wild and civilized because wolves are assholes and they fuck with the peolple in that town.

To everyone who doesn't have to actually have to deal with them, they're this wild entity to be preserved. On the othet hand, the people who live there are fucking terrified of letting their children play outside unsupervised.

What we think is wild vs. What is actually wild in the context of whether we can actually find a balance or is balance itself a rejection of the wild since it's still society exerting its values.

None of this is meant to be cohesive. I'm just vomitting ideas to help OP come up with something.
>>
>>7796905

It's in france, you have to be a student in france or a french-speaking country to enter
>>
>>7797897

not bad

like the idea we have of wild versus reality or something
>>7797787
someone posted it on lit
>>
Girls gone wild.
>>
>>7799924
underrated post
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.