[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At-Swim-Two-Birds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (777 KB, 1656x2424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
777 KB, 1656x2424
Finished this recently. Thought it was great but I still preferred The Third Policeman.

Thoughts?
>>
I managed to grasp this book a little bit better than The Third Policeman, that one was just fucking bonkers. This one you can freshen up your celtic mythology and somewhat make sense of it. It's also one of those books every wannabe writer should read.
>>
Some fantastic and witty meta-fiction writing here, aside from the occasional segment composed of Epic Irish poetry, which tends to drag. At just over 200 pages I thought it was a great light read.
>>
>>7796060
I dont see how people struggled more so with TTP, this book is far more layered.

The pookah was top tier
>>
>>7796212
I feel this way too. TTP was piss easy compared to ASTB

Has anyone read The Dalkey Archive?
>>
>>7796212
I agree. TTP was certainly crazy and all that but it doesn't present the reader with the same challenges as ASTB's layered plots and wide range of styles does.
>>
>>7796130
>aside from the occasional segment composed of Epic Irish poetry
the epic poetry is about as real as the catullus quotes. the poetry, including the workingman's poet, is supposed be very bad poetry driven by ideology.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.