[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: books that are good to read while high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: dune.jpg (17 KB, 304x500) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
17 KB, 304x500
ITT: books that are good to read while high
>>
File: portrait of the artist.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2244) Image search: [Google]
portrait of the artist.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2244
>>
vurt
>>
>wasting a good high reading anything longer than 1-2pg long poetry

Shiggy
>>
>>7795984
For some reason victorian writing really fucks my shit up reading when high like, it's unbearably slow, everything else is fine tho
>>
File: 527862.jpg (27 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
527862.jpg
27 KB, 267x400
>>
File: destination-void.jpg (74 KB, 400x657) Image search: [Google]
destination-void.jpg
74 KB, 400x657
>>7796053
because fuck yes, Dune was the epitome of victorian writing. <./sarcasm>

perhaps you're thinking of The Diamond Age.
>>
Dude...
>>
the Bible is the ultimate desu. get extremely stoned and read Genesis, Luke/John, or Revelations, don't care how nonreligious you are it'll give you an epiphany (perhaps about the nature of religion itself man)
>>
How can you even see the words? I can't focus at all.
>>
haha dude weed WEED anyone else smoke WEEED hahahahah :) LMAO X-DDDDD

btw may i recommend /r/trees to my gentle scholars and gentlesirs
>>
>>7796912
Dont mind if I'do
>>
jesus' son by denis johnson

short chapters/stories too
>>
>>7796912
>may i recommend /r/trees

please don't
>>
File: CcyGCawWEAAiH6u.jpg (25 KB, 269x271) Image search: [Google]
CcyGCawWEAAiH6u.jpg
25 KB, 269x271
>>7795991
this
>>
>>7796803
>/sarcasm

Can Reddit fuck off already?
>>
>>7795984
VALIS trilogy
Schrodinger's cat or Illuminatis by RAW
the bible is pretty fun to while rlly high
>>
File: image.png (657 KB, 719x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.png
657 KB, 719x1125
>>
DUDE THE SPICE LMAO
>>
>>7798598
BRROOOOOOO WHY AREN'T YOU A MENTAT YET IT'S GOOD BROOOO
>>
Bump. I think reading while high is kind of fun. I read Master and Man by Tolstoy while high and enjoyed it
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 310x475
>>7795984
It's short and sweet.
>>
Dude weed xdxdxd
I would post Quentin if I had any saved
>>
>>7796810
>not snorting a few lines and reading Ecclesiastes
fag
>>
>>7797398
DUDE HE GOES INTO A TOILET LMAO
>>
File: crime.jpg (28 KB, 289x475) Image search: [Google]
crime.jpg
28 KB, 289x475
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 223x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 223x320
>>7795984
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 776x1204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 776x1204
>>7800364
Also anything by Castaneda
>>
>>7800341
Really? This is next on my list after I finish the book I'm on, should my first experience with it be high or sober?
>>
>>7800379
Always experience something new sober first, if you can.
>>
any pynchon

dubliners
>>
>>7796881

Agreed, i have to re-read paragraphs more than once, I just zone out and think about other things
>>
I can only read when I'm coming down.

Last night I smoked too much and felt like I was in God's dream of a simulation of reality, also the ceiling was melting/whirling around and I sort of forgot I was a person staring at the Internet on my phone and not just the experience of it itself. Also my whole body felt weird and I thought I might die.
This is the first time weed has felt more like an lsd trip than being stoned for me, has anyone else had a similar experience?
>>
Ham on Rye by Bukowski. Easy read, also hilarious.
>>
The best reading experience of my life was in the book Hyperion.

I was high as fuck and on the chapter of Martin Silenus's back story. I cannot describe to you the amount of joy I encountered and find it difficult to comprehend how really brilliant that chapter was. One could dance to the rhythm, the alliteration was amazing and metaphors even better.

The experience for me was profound and humbling.
>>
>>7801705
Weed is the scariest high. lsd, shrooms, coke, and heroin are all fine with me, but the last thing I want to do is smoke something that leaves me alone with my own thoughts. All the above drugs add something to my mind state but all I do when I get high is obsess over my mortality which leads to a panic attack and then fall asleep. Weed is terrifying.
>>
>>7802178
i get anxious on weed so i take a valium too and problem solved
>>
>>7802178
>alone with my own thoughts
I've heard this same complaint from friends, getting stoned while alone is definitely worse than being stoned with friends. It's very very strange, especially when you're around people and you're the only one who is high. All of a sudden it's like you can feel yourself being judged and it feels like people are angry at you for no reason.
I love smoking with friends though.
Also jerking off while high is amazing.
>>
>>7802188
Personally, I love being high alone. I appreciate everything so much more. It isn't exactly that I'll notice different things when reading, for example, but I'll just think the same things are even cooler than if I read them sober. Or rather they seem more striking or impactful.
>Also jerking off while high is amazing.
Can confirm
>>
>>7802193
I definitely don't hate being high by myself, having your perspective shifted is always interesting and it's easier to find enjoyment in a lot of things. I think one of the problem for me has to do with my physical reaction to the stuff I've been smoking, breathing and eating starts feeling weird and then I get paranoid about anxiety attacks (which I just started having recently) and then I start thinking my heart's going to stop which is never a fun thought. I don't really get those feelings when I'm smoking with others but then again I've only started smoking by myself in the past couple of weeks.
>>
>>7801705
>>7802188
>>7802217

lmao u guys need 2 cool it

reading while blazed is great
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.