[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some other books like this? I mean sense of no time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 56fa228348a0fe9ddad6f010.L.jpg (43 KB, 326x500) Image search: [Google]
56fa228348a0fe9ddad6f010.L.jpg
43 KB, 326x500
What are some other books like this?

I mean sense of no time or an exact location. Feel like there is no difference between first and last pages.

Feeling like it is a whole organism consisting of same and identical parts.
>>
Lolita and V. are similar, in that the reader must forgo their sense of 'what's happening' to appreciate the prose
>>
>>7795930
this recommendation is awful

look it's obvious you don't read a lot you don't need to shoehorn in the few books you have read into everything
>>
>>7795934
this
>>
>>7795908
>Feel like there is no difference between first and last pages. Feeling like it is a whole organism consisting of same and identical parts.

Proust
>>
a dictionary
>>
>>7796068
clever
>>
>>7796068
>he missed the parabolic trajectory of the words going from aardvard to zyzzyva as the v2 rocket flies across the sky

shiggy diggy
>>
>>7795908
Prospero's Cell by Lawrence Durrell. Sure, being a travel journal, it's well situated in both time and space but there is no narrative thread and it's got that dreamy feeling in gorgeous prose.
>>
>>7796086
>>7795908
I think you might like Imaginary Lives by Schwob and Against the Grain by Huysmans. Oh, and some Julien Gracq.
>>
The Unconsoled by Ishiguro
>>
>>7796122
my nigga
>>
>>7796057
Eh, for spells ( like Combray), but there are too many long term trajectories and bits of plot and shit.

>>7796112
Huysmans maybe for the interior decoration shit.
>>
Rimbaud's Illuminations
>>
>>7796112
I like you.
>>
borges
>>
Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman. not as good as Calvino's book but uses similar structure, if i recall correctly. it's been a while since i've read either.
>>
>>7795908
Pedro Paramo
>>
>>7796112
Gracq is a hack and no way comparable to Calvino
>>
>>7795908
Einstein's Dreams is basically the poor man's version of this. Borges Ficciones is an obvious fit.
>>
>>7797262
>>7797933

Einstein's Dreams was like Mitch Albom rewriting Invisible Cities. A couple nice thoughts here and there, but somehow manages to be both light and tedious at once.
>>
>>7796122
This definitely has a similar dreamlike quality, to the point of being unnerving.
It's great.
>>
bluebeard by max frisch
in watermelon sugar by richard brautigan
>>
>>7795908
All of Beckett, but I've the feeling he isn't what you're asking for.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.