[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Architecture recs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 266x400
Some good architecture books?
>>
also interested in suggestions for this
>>
Can architecture be properly written about without the assistance of images?
>>
There's a shortage of architecture majors in /lit
>>
You could try art history books
>>
>>7795730
Stare here and the rest is history..
>>
File: 1448231446988.jpg (636 KB, 1200x2464) Image search: [Google]
1448231446988.jpg
636 KB, 1200x2464
I'm not sure if this chart is any good but it gets posted around.
>>
>>7795913
Chart should include "How Buildings Work: The Natural Order of Architecture" or any book on the basics to start off with
>>
>>7795853
I was one for my first 2 years of undergrad. Ended up switching to a double major in lit and philosophy
>>
>>7795853
that's because they're actually successful and have no need to sperglord their insignificant opinions like the liberal art majors and dropouts on /lit/ do.
>>
From Bauhaus to our House by Tom Wolfe.
Pretty entry level tbqh, so just check it out to have a clear outline of the evolution of modern architecture if you still don't have one.
>>
>>7796385

you havent met many architecture majors have you
>>
>>7796451
>From Bauhaus to our House by Tom Wolfe

Useful post, but take off the trips please. Lit with too many tripfags turns into reddit with /b/ memes.
>>
>>7796009
I'm studying industrial design and thinking about studying philosophy instead.
When and how did you realize that architecture is not for you, did you always were interested in phil. and lit.?

I'm very anxious about whether I am a lazy fuck or just more inclined to liberal arts
>>
>>7796385
>that's because they're actually successful
Architecture Major here.
this is seriously funny

>>7795913
A pretty good list. There is some stuff I would take and add other stuff (Vitruvius 10 Books isnt essential at all unless you want to learn how to build Classical Temples or ballistas)

I would add Bruno Zevi "Architecture as Space. How to look at Architecture" and pic related from Venturi which is an absolute pearl.
>>
>>7796009
I wish I would've had that ammount of foresight
>>
>>7796009
No one gives a shit
>>
taschen reprinted the entire run of Arts & Architecture magazine from 45-54

it's bretty gud
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.