[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the angriest you have ever been in regards to something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: rage.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
16 KB, 291x300
What is the angriest you have ever been in regards to something /lit/ related?

For me, it was when my nieces were telling me about their reading in school. My oldest niece (12) was reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

I told her we were not allowed to read that book because of the use of racial slurs throughout it.

>Oh, they take those out now.

I asked to see her book and saw where the text had been blacked out wherever there were words that would be considered offensive.

I never thought I could be so mad. I don't usually get political, but the censorship of this book and many others is the left at work. It is just as offensive to light the god damned book on fire to me and these fucking, whiny, PC-enabling, half-faggots are the dirty shits in charge of the foundation of American mindsets.
>>
Probably when I learned Lena Dunham had a NYT best seller.
>>
ITT: triggered hurtbutt
>>
>>7795530
>the left at work
Try again, faggot. Neoliberal identity politics are a direct result of centrist conservacuckery.
>>
I don't think it's that big of a deal to censor the word "nigger", what's so bad about that? I mean they're 12.
>>
>>7795536
Oh Please.
As far as i remember Deepak Chopra and that Who moved my cheese series are also bestsellers. You need to let go of this.
>>
>>7795589
Then, let them fucking read the thing when they grow up. There's not need for them to read it any other way than the author intended it to be read.
>>
>>7795530
We read it freshman year at my high school and nothing was censored. I think you not being aloud to read it in school period is worse than reading it censored though.
>>
>>7795589

Then don't have the book on the library shelf and teach it in class. Either have it or don't.

What you don't fucking do is teach children that censoring works of literature is perfectly acceptable and should be seen as the proper thing to do so that nobody gets offended.

What you don't do is put a system of power over children and have that system push the idea of censoring speech as something that should be a matter of course.

WHAT YOU DON'T FUCKING DO is change a work of literature we a positive overall message to be something far less powerful or meaningful by altering the text so that characters are altered and no longer seen as the way they were supposed to be portrayed.

Supporting censoring literature is the same thing as supporting revisionist history and both are completely deplorable.
>>
>>7795645
You are mad online
>>
>>7795640

You say that, but the whole reason the black guy got into trouble was because he was in the wrong neighborhood spreading the word of Jesus Christ when the KKK showed up and immediately tried to light on him fire, that is when the strong black Atticus Finch saved the poor man by telling those racist whites that they should be ashamed of their privilege.

When the KKK members took aim at Atticus they saw he didn't have a gun, so they put their guns down, recognizing them as the evil things they were, and walked away.

Having saved the day, Atticus went home to his white wife, who, since she married a black man, had proven to be a shining example of American Citizenry and gave her a loving embrace.
>>
>>7795658

I AM GOD DAMNED FURIOUS ON THE INTERNET AND NOTHING CAN STOP MY RAGE!!!
>>
>>7795560

Nah, the left censor shit.

The right might burn it, but would far more likely to just not teach it.
>>
>>7795615
Fair enough. I think the book would be more suited for 8th or 9th graders.
>>
meh it's not like nobody knows it's the word nigger under the blackout. if they'd changed it to "my fine african american fellow" that'd be a different story.

do you also yell at the radio when they beep out bad words?

>>7795662
IM NOT MAD I'M ACTUALLY LAUGHING
>>
>>7795666
>americans
>>
>>7795530
virtually every single humanities department in every universities are infected with left wing agendas.

>taking 21st century American lit course
>studying fucking Toni Morrison

yuck
>>
>>7795536
Isn't that the autobiography she wrote in which she stated that she raped her little sister by pushing marbles up her cunt?
I hate how feminists get a free pass for doing the most disgusting shit.
>>
>>7795589
That's like cutting scenes out of a film. It's retarded and not the way the author wanted the reader to experience the book
>>
>>7795589
>I don't think it's that big of a deal to censor

REEEEEEEEE
>>
ITT: things that never happened
>>
there was an interview of a literature major in a local newspaper and she said that tolstoy is too old-fashioned and needlessly for contemporary audience
>>
>>7795530
the fact that you weren't allowed to read it in school because of racial slurs is just as bad. fuck you, OP.
>>
>>7798401
underrated post.
>>
>>7795530

Left here. Do fuck off. I don't blame every rightist for fascism. You'd do well to extend the same sort of courtesy.
>>
File: 1444354809662.jpg (132 KB, 652x573) Image search: [Google]
1444354809662.jpg
132 KB, 652x573
>>7795560
We alt right here?
>>
>>7798405

I'm just posting to say that that is the worst and least necessary analogy I've read all year.
>>
Nothing really bad is happening the world of literature today compared to what has happened in the past.

The only problem there could be is "too much".
>>
>>7795530
When people pretend Gass is bad.
>>
File: 1415087104628.jpg (116 KB, 491x594) Image search: [Google]
1415087104628.jpg
116 KB, 491x594
>>7798401
>>
File: nacais.jpg (17 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
nacais.jpg
17 KB, 286x400
>be in high school alt-ed class
>my teacher is also an English teacher
>at this point I read a lot of lit but I'm heavily disorganized hence the alt-ed class
>get in conversation with my teacher
>ask her what her Grade 10 class is reading
>show me this
>she explains the plot to me
>I take a look inside
I was genuinely mad.
>>
itt ideology WOW
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.