[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1302071304456.jpg (777 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1302071304456.jpg
777 KB, 2560x1920
I been reading Storm of Steel by Junger and I came to ask, any one else into World War books?

Any help? Looking for stuff about the first and second world wars to read. The side doesn't matter.
Just looking for more stuff to read.
>>
Fucked up, forgot to mention, other wars are welcomed.
>>
All Quiet on the Western Front - Remarque
>>
From here to eternity
The naked and the dead
Band of brothers
Slaughterhouse 5
>>
The German war: 1939-1945, Catch 22, Hitler moves east, 1941-1943. War of the rats, A bridge to far,Tree of smoke, A bright and shinning lie, Empire of the summer moon,Blackhawk down.
>>
>>7795181
WWI:
All Quiet on the Western Front
(Infantry) Attacks

I don't have a good recommendation for a comprehensive history of the war from any perspective. I've only read Morrow's The Great War: An Imperial History and it was garbage.

WW2:
With the Old Breed (Pacific Campaign, US)
Company Commander (US, Europe)
Rick Atkinson's Liberation Trilogy is probably the best overview of the US Western Theater. An Army At Dawn is the first entry.
>>
Thanks for recs. I will definitely bookz these and add them for my spring-summer reading.
>>
>>7795800
Don't read the naked and the dead. It's shit.
>>
>>7795181
goodbye to all that robert graves
diary of an infantry officer Sassoon.
>>
>>7795181
>>7795192
Well War and Peace is a given.
>>
>>7795181
WWI: Johnny Got His Gun, I haven't read it but it's been sitting on my shelf for a while now.

WWII: The Naked and the Dead, once again, on my shelf but remains untouched.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.