[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: George-RR-Martin--010.jpg (113 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
George-RR-Martin--010.jpg
113 KB, 620x372
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
>>
Pynchon gets dark, doesn't he?
>>
start with the greeks
>>
Is the series worthit, ignoring this quote? Watching the series rn and Im enjoying it.
>>
pretty hot, t b h
>>
I think George RR Martin is too fat. Fat people have to spend too much time eating, and they have to nap a lot, too. GRRM is so fat that it's impeding his finishing the book series.
>>
>>7793804
ah, my favorite Gene Wolfe excerpt.
>>
>>7793818
It's ok, but only ok. Plenty of better fantasy writers.
>>
>>7793804
As time went on her shits only grew in strength. In scope. In size. Soon she was shitting out more than entire villages of people, with a thirst to match. The cycle would only grow as it continued.
Time went on and eventually only oceans could satisfy her thirst and subsequent ass-gravy ejections. The world was thrown into disarray as water became scarcer and scarcer, and only the ever-growing mounds of dooky-butter could be found amongst the wasterland.

In time, Earth had become exhausted of all resources. But it was not to cease to mad shitter. She became spaceborn, travelling through the cosmos searching for water to sustain the eternal shittery she had become embroiled in. Countless planets fell to her thirst as a trail of turd-juice was left in her wake.

And so she was became shit, dumper of worlds.
>>
>>7793834
The reason why it's taking so long for him to write his books is because, he eats parts of his manuscripts whenever he gets hungry.
>>
>>7793980
Everyone knows the nigga just makes shit up as he goes. Like what about how rob starks momma was brought back to life. Where the fuck is she at? Or that groupd that brought her back to life. Wtf was the point of that. I'm sure he will work it into his new novel. He will die after its release.
>>
>>7793810
>Sunset found Helena squatting in the grass...
>>
>tfw you find pooping erotic
>>
>>7793804
He found a line and pulled on it, fighting toward the hatch to get himself below out of the storm, but a gust of wind knocked his feet from under him and a second slammed him into the rail and there he clung. Rain lashed at his face, blinding him. His mouth was full of blood again. The ship groaned and growled beneath him like a constipated fat man straining to shit.
>>
File: 1368205729718.jpg (23 KB, 336x448) Image search: [Google]
1368205729718.jpg
23 KB, 336x448
>>7793804
>das it mayne
>>
File: 1376331232206.jpg (421 KB, 1231x1543) Image search: [Google]
1376331232206.jpg
421 KB, 1231x1543
>>7793977
>>7793977
underrated post
>>
File: Tfw normies.jpg (63 KB, 629x647) Image search: [Google]
Tfw normies.jpg
63 KB, 629x647
>Tfw you're a better writer than GRRM, but realize his success on account of pandering to a generation of illiterate idiots
>>
>>7794798
you can tell this guy started with the greeks
>>
>>7794798

Whatever helps you forget about you failures, bud.
>>
>>7794801

I started with the Sagas, actually.

>>7794806

It's painfully obvious, lad. Anything popular nowadays is inherently bad; whether it's books, movies, music or otherwise.

Gen Z and beyond will be comprised of poorly-educated plebeians who will have no appreciation for real talent.
>>
>>7794809
you're right, literally everything produced from whatever nondescript instant in time til present and extending until another unknown time is inherently bad because reasons and all of earth's population did dum.
>>
>>7794809
>you're right
Thanks.
>>
>>7794798
post some of your work
>>
>>7793977
Kek
Nice
>>
>>7794019
>The ship groaned and growled beneath him like a constipated fat man straining to shit.

I sure wonder where he got that from.
>>
>>7794970
george needs more fiber in his diet :(
>>
>>7794798
>pandering to a generation of illiterate idiots

Maybe in his later books. A Game of Thrones was genuinely good fantasy book and a promising start to the series. I think things fell apart after the third book.
>>
>>7794798
>illiterate
>can read
>>
>>7793818
It's absolutely awful and so is the show.

There are two good things about this shit and here they are
>Mountain
>Hound

That's literally it, the rest is straight up dogshit.
>>
>>7794809
>Anything popular nowadays is inherently bad; whether it's books, movies, music or otherwise.

holy shit I hope this is a troll
>>
>>7796102
in his defense, almost all popular music and movies are terrible since around 2010

I haven't heard any good music in the past 3 years.

Maybe demdike
>>
>>7793818
No. The first 3 were good. The last 2 were fuckkkkkiiiinnnnngggg brutal. To think I waited all those goddamn years for a feast and then it sucked balls and fucking dance was just as bad, yet it ha the characters I didn't totally hate in it. Now he's gonna die before it's done and here I am waiting 20 years like a retard
For nothing.
>>
this guy's book have been in my school's library for <6 months and they're already tattered and torn to shreds whilst there's three shelves of the best literature that have been there for over 10 years left untouched just few metres away.

better for me, but fucking christ the books and the show are both awful, uninspired, bottom of the barrel pop culture but grrm is making fucking bank off of it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.