[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys begin when researching a topic for something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Where do you guys begin when researching a topic for something you're writing?

Say I wanted to research vampires, should I start with Dracula, The Vampyre and then get text books, essays, etc?
>>
>>7793721
Read books
>>
Fuck that, if you're writing some silly genre fic shit make up your own mythos.
>>
>Vampires

Grow the fuck up and write a real story, OP.
>>
File: 1287552337.jpg (494 KB, 1973x2937) Image search: [Google]
1287552337.jpg
494 KB, 1973x2937
>>7793721
If it was me and I was writing about vampires, id just take the basic motive of a creature drinking the blood of another creature and just place it in a new context
>>
Love the Buffy show. GOAT
>>
If I wanted to research vampires I would kill myself.
JK.
No, I would start by looking into ancient myths and the origins of vampires instead of starting with modern interpretations, even Victorian ones. You're more likely to get something original that way, less influence of other authors.
Depends what you're doing, though. If you wanted to write something satirising or playing around with modern conceptions of vampires then yeah, read Anne Rice or Twilight.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.